D15B2 Distributor Connections?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TexasGripper

Alright, here's the deal. I bought a 1988 Honda CRX Si from a military guy and he's in korea right now. The car ran great at first and just a few months ago slowlys tarted going down hill. It started with just not starting sometimes(The usual honda problem) It would always aventually start up, just took alittle more time, further down the line. After awhile it just wouldnt' start at all usuallyw ithout B-12 being sprayed into the intake, but then it finally just gave out. The fuel pump wasn't even coming on anymore, I replaced the Main-Relay, Fuel Pump, Fuel Filter and made sure all the wiring was good and fuel lines were not clogged. It still did not run, i put it in the shop about 3 weeks ago, the guys came to the conclusiont hat it was the distributor and I ordered a new one, gave it to them and they put it on, but yet it didn't work because it had one round connector and one square. The one i needed, needed two round connectors. The guy originally had the Si engine (1.6) But blew it and dropped a D15B2 (Non-vtec) in it. The shop said that my car needed a "Special Order" distributor to fit this, the only thing that I can think of is that the reason the D15B2 distributor fit the engine but not the connectors, is when he swapped out that 1.6 for the 1.5, he kept the 1.6 harness and I needed a special order 1.5 distributor with 1.6 connectors (for the harness) I'm guessing? Any help guys, would be great. I have the new special order distributor on order, it'll be here friday and hopefully it fixed the car. But I'm still confused, thanks in advance. Anyone else had a problem like this?

huh?

What do you mean? My D15B2 is a canadian model? (How do you know this?) The Canadian models have two circle connectors or what? I'm confused lol sorry

Ok, well we've ordered a new distributor (One with two round connectors) It should be here friday, if it doesn't work for some reason, I'm not sure what to do. I'm needing to order a distributor for a D15B2 with two round connectors, is this correct? I'm guessing now the special order thing, is because they need to get it from canada or off of a canadian model? Thanks for the information so far. I didn't know they made canadian D15B2's, i just knew about the canadian D15B7's. (Right now, I have a D15B2 with MPFI swap and everything else i'm pretty sure is just regular D15B2, besides my aftermarket parts. I wouldn't by any chance have a D15B7 head ona B2 block would I? Not sure if that would matter)

Back