D15b2-DPFI To D16A6-MPFI

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

KonigWolf

Have a 91 CRX DX. Killed the D15B2 that came in it last week. Picked up at 89 Si and began to do that swap. Only after getting the new D16A6 in the car did I notice the wiring harnesses were different.

Looked up the DPFI to MPFI conversion. Have done everything to what I beleive is correct. When I turn the key on, the dash buzzes and the check engine light comes on. So I disconnected the Injector harness and the buzzing stops. Got some wire and was going through checking pin to pin to see what was causing my problem.

- Connect the yellow/black wires from the two DPFI injector harnesses and run it to the yellow/black wire on the injector resistor box.

The yellow/black wires, when connected to the resistor box makes my check engine light come on, and the dash buzz.

Any ideas as to why it is doing this?

I just did my MPFI swap and I only used one of the yellow/black wires, not both. I believe they're both just power sources.

Ran a wire from A15 right to the resistor box and fixed it.

Now I have other issues now that I've gotten the car to run.

The throttle is VERY touchy when you first put your foot in it. Like the first inch its either on or off. There is NO smooth to it at all. But once you get past that inch and got you foot into it no problems.

((Side note. The stock TPS got smashed when it taken out of the donor car, so I picked up up out of a 98 civic DX with a D16Y7.))

Any ideas on my NEW problem. -.-`

All problems fix. Requesting this thread be closed/locked/trashed.

Back