1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D15b2 engine, D16y7 head, just a quick Q

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by 5speed4life, May 15, 2004.

1. 5speed4life

5speed4life Senior Member

Hey, hows it goin on here?

Anywho, I have my 91 LX sittin in my driveway with holes in the valves and scored valve seats. So i went on a search to find a new head localy, and all i found was one off of a 97 civic DX, non vtec of course.

I have been reading up on here and i got alot of info on the D sereies. But i havent found anyone swapping heads to later year non vtec engines.
    I know what kinda parts i have to buy, but my quesiton is, do you think i will get any more power? Im not looking for it, realy. The purpose for this swap was just to get the car running, but i didnt know if it would boost my compression at all.

Just curious, if a d15b2 would have any more power with the d16y7 head.

Thank you

2. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

you could get a z6 or y8 head with vtec and run a pr3 or pw0 ecu with your an Si dizzy and converted to mpfi for about 500 or so refered to as the minime. or just pick up a complete z6 for about that where ya from?

3. dreded90crxsi

dreded90crxsi Senior Member

I just checked on a d series compression calculator and it showed a change from 9.1 cr to 9.8 so you should end up with some more power. Going with a z6 or y8 head would give you more power with v-tec. Either way you go you should switch to mpfi for better fuel delivery. In my opinion unless you switch to mpfi any other modifacations (bolt-ons or other) are pointless because you will never see the full potential.

4. 5speed4life

5speed4life Senior Member

Ok, Thanks for help. my compression gauge jumped from 180psi stock, to 215psi now. Anyone know what c/r that is? thank you, and my car now keeps up with my buddys 91 crx si.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted