D15B2 mini me swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crxhoppa

crx project
what exactly will i need for the mini me swap and mpfi swap on a D15B2?

you will need pm6 or pg7 ecu... i would do pg7... an si ditributor... 88-91... a new intake manifold....it can be any sohc manifold thats mpfi.. i would go with y8 but make sure u get the right one... a vtec head.. i would go with a z6 head.... timing belt... my friend had a mini me and it tore.. his was a sohc zc bottom end with a z6 head.. his beat gsr's all day and they werent stock....

mini me?

are there other heads that will work? in particular, I'd like to do this swap without usung a Vtec head. I am not looking for max power, just want a daily driver with a little bit more ummph that the stocker.

thanks Alex

head info

Is that the same head that would have been in the 91 LX? the 1600 engine?

If it is does the above info still apply about the distributor and ECU?

I really appreciate the info since my car is sitting in the driveway now after it quit running while I was driving it. Probably did braek the cam belt or at least it might have jumped time.

If I need a new head this is certainly the time to consider a swap.

Thanks
Alex

searching for info

yeah have done a lot of searching but have found more questions than answers and a lot of contradictory info.

So I'd like to see if I can get some info together.

Alex

would this be viable?

Blanco, if you are still following this thread, I'd like to ask your opinion.

I have this engine:
D15B2

Found in:
1988-1991 Honda Civic DX/DLX
1988-1991 Honda CRX DX
1992-1995 Honda Civic LSi Hatch/Saloon (European Market)
1990-1995 Honda Concerto (European Market)
Displacement : 1493 cm³
Bore and stroke : 75 mm X 84.5 mm
Compression : 9.2:1
Power : 92 hp (69 kW) @ 6000 rpm & 119 Nm @ 4500 rpm
Valvetrain : SOHC (4 valves per cylinder)
Cam Gear : 38 tooth
Fuel Control : PGMFI Dual Point
Redline : 7000 rpm

And if my motor needs a head (likely)

I'd like to install one from this motor:

D16A8
Found in:
1988-1991 Civic/CRX/Concerto (UK/Europe/Australia)
1990-1995 Rover 216/416 GTi(UK/Europe)
Displacement : 1590 cm³
Bore and Stroke : 75 mm X 90 mm
Compression : 9.5:1
Power : 125 hp (93 kW) @ 6800 rpm & 108 ft-lb @ 5900 rpm
Valvetrain : DOHC
Fuel Control : OBD-0 MPFI
ECU Code: PM7

I'd like to keep the motor OBD0 and get the Boomslang wiring harness to do the MPFI conversion.

Obviously I would need the head, intake, injectors, and ECU

What else would I need?

But more importantly, is this a conversion you would advise?

Thanks for your time and advise.

alex

Excellent !!

That is exactly the info that I needed. I haven't taken my car to the shop yet. It may have jumped time or even could possibly just need a distributor.

But if it needs a head, I will certainly look for the ZC head.

Thanks again,

Alex

i have a 90 HB with a D15B2 dpfi and i wanna know what i need for a mpfi swap and a mini me swap
would help with a list of parts and if possiable how 2 do it and were 2 get parts

what exactly will i need for the mini me swap and mpfi swap on a D15B2?

Get a V-tec head best options D16y8 or D16z6.
OBd-0 to OBD-1 harness conversion which I make on a daily basis. --->https://hondaswap.com/parts-sale-trade-wanted/fs-mpfi-harness-conversion-dx-si-114851/
OBD-0/obd-1 jumper harness options Hasport/rywire/locash racing all these make nice jumpers and known.
obd-1 distributer/p28 ecu would be best but you can also use po6 and reprogram it to run v-tec.

Last edited:
i have a 90 HB with a D15B2 dpfi and i wanna know what i need for a mpfi swap and a mini me swap
would help with a list of parts and if possiable how 2 do it and were 2 get parts

I would personally recommend your own thread and try doing some research. :D There is a LOT of information to be found on the site, rather than just thread jacking someone else's thread. Good luck. :eek:

Back