d15b2 rods

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm doing an engine build and wanted to try something different and build the d15. does anyone know where I can find forged rods? I can find the pistons but not the rods. I can find d16 ones, but those are .2" longer, how much of a difference would that make? If anyone knows where I could get the right ones I would really appreciate it.

D16 rods won't work - the rod journals on the D16 cranks are 45mm and on the D15 cranks, they are 42mm - for building a D15, you are better off starting out with the JDM D15B VTEC engine which uses the larger crankshaft 55mm main (D15 is 45mm) and 45mm rod journals like a D16 - also uses D16 rods with pistons that have a shorter compression height

there are D15 rods available, but they are a lot of money:

CROWER B93741 CONNECTING RODS SET: CIVIC 92-95 (D15)
Pauter Rods: No Limit Motorsport

yeah thats what I herd, just get the jdm d15 crank, use d16 rods and pistons, and of course bore the block to fit of course. thank you for the help.

Oh and lastly, is a d series the same no matter what generation it goes to? Because I've been seeing things like for the 92-95 models, so I just wanted to make sure before I order things

Back