D15b2 rover 216 engine swap??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thorburnlad

Hi guys
own a civic 1.5lsi dpfi 95reg
I was initially looking at the mpfi swap but why when i can get the whole rover 216 engine for the same price? |Does anybody know the engine code for the rover/honda 216 1600 engine? any ideas on what parts i would require?
The reason for the engine swap instead of just aan mpfi conversion is due to the valve stem oil seals leaking and causing misfire above 5k and i may look into turboing it aslong as engine conversion gos A*
Iv heard the 1600 engine that was in the rover was bomb proof and also very fast.
Come on guys insult me :p

Thanks
Ryan

We don't have very many UK members on board... and the rest of us likely have never even seen a rover in person. I'm afraid we won't be much help here. I couldn't even tell you what a 216 looks like with out doing an image search.

right thats cool. Ok so ignore that, my prblem is my car is already obd1 p04 dpfi and i am now looking into a civic coupe inlet mani head etc. I understand the ecu off that is obdo?? would i need a jumper harness to convert the obdo ecu into obd1?

If the systems work the same way as they do in the US, you can use your OBD1 ECU to control the Rover 216 engine- which is basically the same as the DOHC ZC from Japan which quite a few people imported to the States. You'll have to update the program in the ECU though so the fuel/timing maps match up to what the DOHC ZC wants to see. Most of the OBD1 ECUs can be flashed with a new EPROM chip in place of the stock one and free programs like Uberdata and Crome.

Calesta I used a ecu out of a 88-89 integra when I put a zc motor in my crx, I found out it has a higher fuel/air mixture and timing, when I did this I actually noticed the power increase. And thorburnlad good luck on switching from dpfi to mpfi, ive done this and ran into problems till I found out to just run four new wires to the ecu for the injectors than doing what the swap site told me.

Back