D15B2 to D16B7

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

alexfleury

Sorry miss type meant D15B2 to D15B7

My engine is getting tired (uses some oil) and it needs a clutch. local shop wants $700 to install clutch and axles. I have a chance to buy a D15B7 that is supposed to be in good shape with less that 200K miles and had a new clutch put in before the 1993 DelSol S was wrecked.

3 Questions

1. Can I put this engine in my car and bolt my intake manifold on the B7 engine and have everything back to stock?

2. How much should I pay for this engine? Any Ideas?

3. Will the axles from the 93 DelSol fit in my 1991 Civic Dx?

From the research I have done, it seems like the engine will work but I haven't been able to figure out anything about the axles. Thanks for any input y'all can give.

Last edited:
If I want to do the MPFI swap later, what else do I need to buy from the wrecked car? ECU and what else?

Again thank Y'all for any help. I am not working and need to spend my money as wisely as possible.

it would be easiest if you did the mpfi swap at the same time, at that point it would be just the harness. And it depends on if you want to stay obd0 or go to obd1. if you stay obd0 you could use a pm6 ecu and run it as it is or get a basemap for the b7, then get an obd0 dizzy and injectors with an injector resistor box. or if you want to go to obd1 you would have to get a boom sling, and all obd1 electrics

and for your other questions you should be able to use the same axles, and if you wanted to you could use the same intake manifold. and I wouldn't pay more then 250 or 300 for it seeing the amount of miles probably less

Bobby - Follow up Question

Do you know what ECU would be in the 1993 DelSol S ? Right now my inclination is to just put in the motor and use the DPFI just to get the car running and get everything sorted out and running again. I would still have the MPFI stuff from the DelSol motor.

Can I ask you another question about running MPFI and staying OBD0?

You told me I would need another ECU. Did I understand you to say that I would run the OBD0 dizzy? If I have the injectors from the DelSol, what else needs to be purchased / modified to go to to DPFI?

Thanks for your response. Right now I'm just trying to keep my car running on the minimum cash outlay, but I'd love to do the conversion later.

if you're running dpfi you would have to stay obd0 and use a pm5 ecu, but if you're going mpfi and staying obd0 you could use the pm6 ecu. but if you want to go obd1 you should use the p06 ecu. and even if you're running obd0 you can use obd1 injectors but you would have to get rid of your resistor box and have it soldered together

Back