1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d15b2 tuning advice URGENT

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by joker01, Oct 6, 2010.

1. joker01

joker01 Member

i got a 92 honda concerto wit a d15b2 engine stock and i was gifted a performance muffler for my bday and i wanted 2 install it on my car but i dont kno if i install it might slow down the car and lower mpg range....so i was thinking bout installing an aftermarket intake system dont kno if to go wit short ram or cold air which one would help me perfrom better wit my muffler???? NEED ADVICE URGENTLY:(:(:(:(:(

2. joker01

joker01 Member

[​IMG]

3. joker01

joker01 Member

[​IMG] thats wat the muffler looks like

4. Bobby17772

Bobby17772 New Member

if it's just a muffler it wont do anything besides make it kind of obnoxious and make your car look rice-tastic

5. joker01

joker01 Member

ok so should i jus swap to a b16 motor for perfromance?

6. D16SiHatch

D16SiHatch New Member

you should stop and read! you are clearly not ready to change a valve cover gasket let alone an entire engine. you have a lot to learn, but that's ok we all start somewhere. read through the faqs here and honda-tech as well. lots of good info to be had. I would just stick with the motor you have now and work with it. do a dpfi to mpfi swap, and then maybe a mini-me swap. you can google search both of those things and find lots of info on them. you may also want to switch to an si transmission with shorter gearing. once you've got your hands dirty a bit then maybe consider swapping to a whole nother engine platform. my 2 cents anyway

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted