D15b2 with a D16a6 head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

megabyte

Like the title says. I would like to this swap. The valve guides on my D15 head are warn and is causing my head to leak oil. So sence i have a fairly new head from my D16 motor But the bottom end is shot. I was hoping that i could do this sawp. Can any one tell me if it will work out ok or not?

Oh ok so the cam is bigger. So more hp. That's a bonus. So i could just take the whole top end then. The head, dizzy, intake, injectors and all that stuff along with the wiring harness and ECU and i should have a sawp?

Ok A couple more questions what is the biggest size head or what other options do i have for a head. if i was to upgrade?

Ok another question. What size is the throttle body on a stock d16 and can i up grade it to another stock t body from another motor that is bigger? so say if the stock d16 is like 60mm can i put a stock h22 that is like 70mm? these numbers are not right i'm just using them as an example.

Why would i lose power? I have an after market full rail and injector upgrade. By putting a d16 head i'm losing some compresion from what i was told. So by upgrading my fuel and air mix i should be fine, no?

lol the bottom end was total rebuild about 2 months ago. The guy at the motor place told me i'm going to need some serious upgrades. He told me the cam has the same displacement ad a 1.8 and the pistons are from the same motor. He machined it and changed the sleves. I havent finished the motor and i'm not instaling it till i take it back to the shop and dyno it with all the upgrades.
I mean your talking to me like i'm an idiot when i sure i dont shit about honda and shit but i'm use to working on muscle cars and i wanted to try something different.

i think that you dont know what your talking about. i just came on here to see if the parts are compatible do you have a clue about how come pression work or how to even calculate the displacement of a block. Fuck i read all your post it just seams like your full of shit and you might know some one who works on cars but you dont have a fuckin clue. Sure you can do a swap but can you replace a head gasket. Tipical swaper. all talk no acction. ive been a journeyman mechanic for over 10 years. I asked you if the parts would work and not if the compresion would be ok.

actually, blanco knows about the d series. hes already built them. by being a douchetard you have now probably lost any help that he would have given you.
if your looking for yes men, you know, people who just agree with everything and say its a good idea, then go to hondatech.
but if you want valuable info, like what blanco was trying to give you, then you should actually take it to heart.

you said it was for your d15b2? and the head was off a d16a6. nowhere did you say anything about anything being built. sounds like you just tossed that in there. plus the fact that your mechanic told you that the cam and pistons were the same as a 1.8L? honda doesnt make a d18.
youve been a tech for 10 years? why is someone else doing the work for you then? and why would you have to ask so many damn questions?

you said it was for your d15b2? and the head was off a d16a6. nowhere did you say anything about anything being built. sounds like you just tossed that in there. plus the fact that your mechanic told you that the cam and pistons were the same as a 1.8L? honda doesnt make a d18.
youve been a tech for 10 years? why is someone else doing the work for you then? and why would you have to ask so many damn questions?

werd.

1.8=DOHC
1.5/.6= SOHC

not even close to the same
u = BS

I hope you have a HF, so you can trash your valves when you put your A6 16v Motor on a 8v block. Fuckin idiot, most D-series parts are interchangible. and a headgasket takes 30-45 minutes tops, dumbass, thats not really that awesome to brag about. All heads swap over, OBD0 TB's dont swap with OBD1 TB's, u would need a D16Z6 mani to use a H22 TB. wi=hich wont raise your compression like your claiming. d15=d16 compression, think its 9.1-1 if i remember right and your not losing out by switching to a A6. MPFI for the win....bet you cant change that shit over with out asking any more questions...i can build a mpfi harness in like 45 minutes.....

werd.

1.8=DOHC
1.5/.6= SOHC

not even close to the same
u = BS

not right on but close.

d series- 1.5L, 1.6L, 1.7L. thats about all that were released anytime after like 1986. maybe. i know there were smaller,but those were in the old old models, or not in this country.

b series- 1.6L, 1.7L, 1.8L, and 2.0L. some ludes came with a b21.

still the guy is full of it.

another n00b butt hurt by the truth.

ive been like, building like, engines for like, 25 like years. but like, i had a question....

like, what is a rod? does it like hold my head on the bottom part? like....

ive been like, building like, engines for like, 25 like years. but like, i had a question....

like, what is a rod? does it like hold my head on the bottom part? like....

like, duh, dont you like no already? you like totaly work on cars for like 25 of the like 20 years you have like been alive.
its like totAly the part thast like holds the car together. like without it, your gas would like just blow up or something. like.

oh my god. that hurt a little.

See the funny thing with people in the US, is your so hot headed and if you people knew what you where doing your economy wouldn't be suffering. So i dont know shit about a honda big fucking deal. I'n not a honda geek. At least i can admit it. I'll put that fuckin honda trash out back and light it on fire. But i do know mechanics. I wouldn't be a forman afther only 5 years of work, graduated top of my class. Also a GM certified mechanic. But i dont have shit to prove to you guy. So i'm out. Fuck you all.

Back