d15b2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ozzfreak

I am looking for a d15b2 engine to replace my very badly running one i have now. I know most people don't like these, and say get a so and so, and do an mpfi swap. I don' t want to do that, I just want to do the easiest swap possible, no rewiring. Would any d series engine work with this? because hmotorsonline has a d15b in stock. Risingsunengines.com has a d15b2, but I can't find any info on them. I just want to use the existing throttlebody, etc. Any help is appreciated.

Oz

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Jan 5 2005, 10:00 PM
man the wiring is really easy to do a well worth it
[post=441697]Quoted post[/post]​

How easy? I have to change out the ecu right? and if i do that, I have to rewire every wire? or does it just plug in? I know I'll gain about 70 hp, but what engine should I get if i decide to do this? One more question (for now) how long will the rewiring take? Thanks

Oz

no you just plug in the new ecu and run a couple wires in the engine compartment. easy to do like a saturday afternoon with some beer time in there just do a search for dpfi to mpfi if you need any help just pm me or post it up as for engine choice i personaly go for the d16a1,2,3 outa the older integras. gives you 115 hp and you can get that up to 130 with little to no work. As for the cost of this motor i buy them for 200 can with ecu and linkage from most boneyards. If you have a picknpull then try there

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Jan 5 2005, 10:11 PM
no you just plug in the new ecu and run a couple wires in the engine compartment. easy to do like a saturday afternoon with some beer time in there just do a search for dpfi to mpfi if you need any help just pm me or post it up as for engine choice i personaly go for the d16a1,2,3 outa the older integras. gives you 115 hp and you can get that up to 130 with little to no work. As for the cost of this motor i buy them for 200 can with ecu and linkage from most boneyards. If you have a picknpull then try there
[post=441706]Quoted post[/post]​

Do you know of anywhere online, like a specific link, that would be good to get? For some reason, every salvage yard i've ever called around here, never has ANY Civics. Kind of aggrevating. Would this be what you are talking about? http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000se...page&item=30021 But by the look of it, it's DOHC, so would that be cause for more wiring? Thanks.

Oz

but ZC is the one of the better D-series motors out there, not like the crap D16A1.plus MPFI swap wiring is not hard at all, i did it when i did DPFI -> MPFI-> DOHC ZC.

Ok, so I would need that engine which is 390, the pm6 ecu which is 90, and would I need different motor mounts? And what about this thing on the mpfi deal that lowers the voltage to the injectors? How much is that? And where could I get one? Is there anything else that I would need? I am sorry for the questions that I am sure have been asked a million times, but it makes more sense when I ask a question in my words, and someone answers it. It helps out ALOT, thank you again.

Oz

would need new ECU for MPFI swap anyway, cant use stock ECU if its not an SI (PM6), and thats the SOHC ZC, i would rather have DOHC ZC. the DOHC one has more HP and Trque.

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000se...page&item=30020

thats the one you want, its the better one. bolts to stock 4th gen civic mounts, can use current trans (4speed or 5)i have a PM6 ecu for sale right here in my hand...
edit:if your going to do MPFI swap, search for MPFI swap on google or something.

ok hes trying to keep the costs down and as for the thing that lower voltage it called a reistor and there worth 10 bucks if you need one ill ship one to you for 5 bucks plu shipping if i have an extra one still kicking around. so your looking at about 550 ( i would still look around your area at local yards or look at getting a used d seiers vtec motor. but if you take your time a shop around you can find the parts damn cheap

i think you can use it would just have to get a different throttle body fot it(any 88-91 MPFI TB for an Auto will work with ZC), and i think you can use the PM6 ecu with auto, go to TheZCR.com and go to the fourms, they help alot. also have SI injecotr resistor box for sale too.

I was looking on eBay for the pm6, and they all say for manual transmissions. I have an automatic, would it still work? And I will probably take that off of your hands, let me know if you still have it. I think you've talked me into that engine, instead of what i was going to do.

Oz

Originally posted by Green 91@Jan 5 2005, 08:41 PM
i think you can use it would just have to get a different throttle body fot it(any 88-91 MPFI TB for an Auto will work with ZC), and i think you can use the PM6 ecu with auto, go to TheZCR.com and go to the fourms, they help alot.
[post=441740]Quoted post[/post]​

what?

just get an auto ecu

Originally posted by hcivic.com+Jan 5 2005, 10:43 PM-->
@Jan 5 2005, 08:41 PM
i think you can use it would just have to get a different throttle body fot it(any 88-91 MPFI TB for an Auto will work with ZC), and i think you can use the PM6 ecu with auto, go to    TheZCR.com and go to the fourms, they help alot.

what?

just get an auto ecu
[post=441744]Quoted post[/post]​

LOL, we have 2 conversations going on at once, I'll start using your names in my responses.

Oz

Originally posted by hcivic.com+Jan 5 2005, 10:43 PM-->
@Jan 5 2005, 08:41 PM
i think you can use it would just have to get a different throttle body fot it(any 88-91 MPFI TB for an Auto will work with ZC), and i think you can use the PM6 ecu with auto, go to    TheZCR.com and go to the fourms, they help alot.

what?

just get an auto ecu
[post=441744]Quoted post[/post]​

If you look here.... http://thezcr.com/forums/showthread.php?t=...6+ecu+automatic they are saying that they didn't make automatic ones. Are they right? I havne't been able to find one yet.

Oz

ya thats the pm6 that not aut a pg7 is auto and i may be able to find you one next weekend if you need one

yeah, i will need one, but I won't be able to buy it, unless it's real cheap, until the end of the month, possibly the beginning of next month. Thanks again for all the help.

Oz

Back