D15B7 head...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
Are valve springs and the cam from a d15b7 head interchangeable with the d15b2 head?

We are rebuilding a 90 HB, and we are using a d15b7 block, and we were going to use the d15b2 head, but we noticed that one of the valve springs was from the d15b7 head. Can we change all the springs and the cam from the d15b7 and use it in the d15b2 head without f*cking anything up? Everything but the springs and the cam are the same between the two heads...

What is the difference in the cams between the two? If we take the cam and the springs from the d15b7 and use them in the d15b2, will everything work like it should?

why not just use the whole b7 motor? unless you really dont want to convert to mpfi, then you can just keep the b2 intake manifold and the dpfi setup. if the b2 head has problems, toss it. the intake manni from the b2 should bolt right up to the b7.

Ok...here's the scoop.... ^^^the first Post was posted by Walter on my computer.^^^

I was trying to tell him about the head being the same, the valves are the same, but the cam looks a tad bit different...like the lobes are advanced a little bit more on the B7 cam compared to the snapped B2 cam we have. I know the intake mani will bolt up with no problem, and the sensors on the head are the same. And the valve spring are way different...B2 springs are tall and skinny, while the B7 springs are shorter with a thicker gauge wire. In my eye's...they will have the same amount of compression under load...but I don't have a spring tester...so I can't back up that claim...plus we're missing on spring to make the head a complete set of the tall B7 springs. And the cam....if the cam is relatively the same...or if there is someone who might have popped a B7 cam in a B2 engine and have ran it to see if the gas milage is the same, or the pep is the same...or if it won't shell out the valves and pistons....hrm...I could clay the pistons and check...hrmm

Anyways...we pulled out the engine (B2) and we're installing a B7 block with a B2 head, and a b7 cam, with the b2 intake many, while keeping it OBD0.....and trying to keep it as stock as possible to keep the Honda Reliability.

Back