D15B7 = Holy Carp!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

heres what im going to do cause i am a big fan of the D!

do a little mock up of everything.

and....

75 wet shot
cold air intake
intake mani
1 inch custom 4-2-1 header
2.5 inch stock placement exaust
bigger pullys
b16 rods
higher comp. pistions 10:1
p&p head
titanum valve springs
stiffer dampers & swing arms
traction bars
bigger ingectiors
engine management system for when the nitrous isn't going through the motor
and last but not least Rota slipstreams

this is all going to go on a CRX

but yeah just for an idea thats what im going to do so yeah but i know you already said you didn't want nitrous so hopefully i might change your mind?

will b series rods even fit in a d series?

yeah the b16 stock length is what i've heard and i'll probly have to knoch the block also.

Nope, sorry- won't work at all. The B series rods and the D15 rods have completely different big end diameters. If you put B16 rods onto a D15 crank, you'll just get a ton of rattling. You can put B18A/B rods into a D16 because the rod journals are the same size, but not a D15.

Unless it's a D15B-VTEC crankshaft ;) It's the only 1.5l block with journals the same size as the D16(minus the crank mains, which are the same size as the other D15s). Even then, the B-series rods require machining to fit(milling the BE width and bushing the PE to 19mm or use custom pistons or PDN GX pistons).

SohcInWA on D-series.org is at ~162whp with a All-Motor JDM D15B nonVTEC(similar to the B7). I believe the most expensive thing on his setup is the Bisimoto valvetrain. Other than that, he's got 45mm Weber carbs, head milled .040", and P29 pistons. Another member, Rushi, is at like 170-something whp but I don't really remember his setup except that he's using VEMS ECU(pretty much Megasquirt with extra features) and homemade ITBs.

For the most power with least money, boosting is your best bet. A homemade setup can be put together for around $1000 or even less.

Also, definitely ditch the CX transmission. If it's similar to the one in the States, you should be able to swap over the 3rd gear into a Si/EX transmission as 4th for a little bit closer ratio.

To get the best for the cheapest; just mill the head, D16A6 camshaft(I believe you need the Y8 cam gear to correct timing), mill the head .020-.040", and P29 pistons.

I am liking the uber debate this is getting into. Some of the ideas are rather nice;) keep going on xD

Back