D15B7? into 89 Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

evans

91 Civic Project
hey guys, have a pretty easy question for you..
A D17B7.. i think.. its out of a 92-95 Civic.. and put it into the 89 Civic.

How hard is the wiring?

The 89 DX axles will work correct?

Anything else I need to know?

I think that's a typo since he got it right in the title.

You'd just need a 88-91 transmission, 88-91 motor mount, 88-91 axles, etc. As far as the wiring goes, the easiest way is to get a MPFI harness and swap it on there a long with a 88-91 MPFI distributor or a OBD0/1 distributor adapter harness. You can run a PM6 or get an OBD1 conversion harness and run a OBD1 ECU/P06.

I think that's a typo since he got it right in the title.

You'd just need a 88-91 transmission, 88-91 motor mount, 88-91 axles, etc. As far as the wiring goes, the easiest way is to get a MPFI harness and swap it on there a long with a 88-91 MPFI distributor or a OBD0/1 distributor adapter harness. You can run a PM6 or get an OBD1 conversion harness and run a OBD1 ECU/P06.

Alright for give me guys, typo in the first thread, it is D15 not D17 haha..
But I am new to imports and I am about to pick up a 89 with the engine and tranny already in, but it needs to be wired up and axles.
The engine is mounted in, shift linkage is hooked up, the 92-95 ecu is there..
So will the 88-91 Axles work? and how hard will it be to wire with the 92-95 or 91 wire harness? And you said a different distributor.. how come?

Yes 88-91 axles will work. I said different distributor because they use different plugs; although a adapter harness will suffice.

Back