d15b7 mini me troble HELP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ernestoexpresso

ok so i just did a mini me on my d15b7 ive put brand new head gasket ,spark wires, sparkplugs ,oil,oil filter all the good stuff and i set the timing correct im pretty sure 1st and 4th pistons where at TDC and the cam gear was done all right .when i go to crank the car up it trys but hardly ever cranks and when it does it runs for like 10 secs and cuts off my friend and i pulled it down the road at 15 mph and popped the clutch in 2nd and it stayed running but when i press the gas it wont go but you can hear it try .
what does that sound like?

Check you firing order/spark plug wires. Also the dizzy may have got put back in 180 degrees out. Also why did you make two threads? Hope I helped.

Set your timing to TDC remove the distributor cap and make sure your ignition rotor is pointing to #1 position. Firing order is 1-3-4-2 on the cap and from the timing belt side #1-2-3-ending at #4 next to the dizzy. Did you readjust the valve lash? At least check the valve lash to make sure they are up to spec.

could be timing when i put my mini me swap in it didnt run right i needed adjustable cam gear to set timing.should be advanced 12 degrees

Back