D15B7 Redline???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

lionsfreak

Hey does anyone know the redline and rev limit on a 1993 DX(D15B7)? I jsut got a 94' Si cluster in it and the redline is 7400, I know thats not right.

i actually think that it is lower than that like around 5500 i am not sure either, i have a 93 dx too but no tach all i know is that 1st gear runs up to 31 2nd goes to 61 third goes 90 4th and 5th top end/max speed

i have a 94 dx. no tach either but i know its not that low. my guess is 6500 or 7000.

I always shifted mine at 6k because I feel like it didn't make any power past that

6200, sounds about right. I usually would shift at about 20-25mph out of first and 40-42 out of second. In second thats about 6000 and anymore than that it feels like I am losing power especialy when I get into that high with the turbo.

i actually think that it is lower than that like around 5500 i am not sure either, i have a 93 dx too but no tach all i know is that 1st gear runs up to 31 2nd goes to 61 third goes 90 4th and 5th top end/max speed

ARE SURE YOU WERENT BEING CHASED BY A 30FT TALL MUSHROOM WITH LEGS AND A BONG. You have to be high, 60 in 2nd and 90 in 3rd. Give me a break, unless you have a build motor. I was actually refering to a stock motor....

Seriously, I have a DX and 3rd gear at 60 seems like it's already pushing a lot of RPMs. But since you haven't commented on whether or not your car was stock, I won't say anything else.

60in third seems practical, not 90.....But yes my motor is stock unless you call ARP headstuds an upgrade. But yes nothing that would make me call it anything other that stock. Atleast on the motor side........

im calling bs on the 90 in third too. i had a d15b7 in my hatch with a autometer tach and at 6500 i was doing about 80 tops

it depends on the car. dx hatches with a b7 had a smaller final drive ratio than coupes and sedans with the b7.

wow u kids seem not to kno anything.

u think u cant hit 40 at 2nd?

IN MY B16A (HIGH COMPRESSION) whichs means i rev high at every gear..

im making vtec kick at like 35 mph in 2nd all the way to 45. third gear is my longest.

i hit almost 75-80 in 3rd gear. and a bong and a mushroom dont chase me.

i know my hondas and what they redline at..

his redline cuts at 6200 but he stops making power a little bit before 6

but to answer your question about your redline....

honestly man

you can ask as many people and look it up all day long.. but what u really should do. is make sure u got good/clean/ right amount of oil.

take her on the freeway and in 3rd gear rev until u feel the actaul rocking of the motor like 3-4 times then youl know your redline

doesnt a b16 tranny have pretty short gears anyway? and i thought we were talking about a b7? and yes i agree the redline is 6200

D15B8 Block and Tranny, D15B7 gead and ECU I think my cut-off is 6800 cause redline is at 6500 and it goes a spec past that. My gearing is First-SEcond at like 40, Second to third at 70....

you can hit 90 in third, if u have a 7200 rpm redline. i have a d16z6 and i am able to hit 96 in third, altho i could be totally wrong if the d15 tranny is geared different, but i don't think they are. i know b series motors gears are way shorter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back