D15B7 Redline???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
wat are your rpm at 96 in third? i have a z6 in my hatch with an si tranny and went out today to see just because of this thread and at just under 7k, like 68-6900ish, i was doing 85

D series Transmissions Vary Greatly, My CX or a VX tranny are VERY wide, DX/LX are slightly narrower, SI/EX are MUCH narrower.

Well if you want the AUTO side of things a stock 95 EX auto can do 43mph in 1st at 8,300 RPM's, 70 in 2nd at 7,000rpms before it wants to shift, and 120mph in 3rd at 8,00rpm,s and in 4th at 4,500 rpms 130 and the spedo don't read past that... this is all on a stock D16z6 Motor.lawl

This thread needs to end:
Using 15" 50 series, 205mm tires
6200 rpm redline

b7 hatchback: 3.888 FD
1st - 33.69
2nd - 62.14
3rd - 93.42
4th - 120.45
5th - 155.87

b7 sedan/coupe: 4.058 FD
1st - 32.28
2nd - 59.54
3rd - 89.51
4th - 115.4
5th - 149.43

with stock wheels and tires, these speeds will be slightly less

here ya go. its 6800. i knew it was 7 or very close to it. the rev limiter is set at 7k i beleive with a redline of 6800

Engine Specifications

Just so everyone knows, this engine spec list is crap. Just taking a quick glance at it I noticed a shit ton of mistakes. I'd recommend using the engine spec chart in the FAQ section of Hondaswap rather than the one above.

Yeah I know, your stuff was fine. I'm just saying that the one that was linked to is not a very good list to use.

ARE SURE YOU WERENT BEING CHASED BY A 30FT TALL MUSHROOM WITH LEGS AND A BONG. You have to be high, 60 in 2nd and 90 in 3rd. Give me a break, unless you have a build motor. I was actually refering to a stock motor....

well as far as i know my motor is stock except for an unbranded short ram. but anyways 93 honda civic manual,

1st: 33 mph
2nd: 61 mph
3rd: 92 mph
4th: top speed
5th: top speed

and no i am not high or anything, its what it says in the manual and i have revved up to those speeds with stock everything, rims, tires, etc except for the short ram.

Last edited:
So what is your civic? Model wise...I have a 93 dx hatch and there is no way mine will go 60 in second or 90 in third. Also are you talking about the owners manual?

So what is your civic? Model wise...I have a 93 dx hatch and there is no way mine will go 60 in second or 90 in third. Also are you talking about the owners manual?

yes owners manual, and yes stock 93 dx hatchback with only the exception of a lame short ram...i know it may seem crazy but seriously i have done it plenty of times...since i don't have a tach i go by what i hear, like most people do and well i looked in the owners manual and found out the safest speeds for the gears and those that i posted yesterday were the ones i found and i have tried them out too so its really up to you to believe me or not...if you want i can copy the page of the owners manual to show you or maybe try to videotape it showing you

Not necessary, I am not calling you a liar just that my car would throw rods if I were to do speed like that in those gears.

I am just really curious to what the hell is wrong with my car then....

using anything but 87 in a stock or close to stock d series is a complete waste of money

I did a wee looking into this a while ago. In fact a did a lot of internet surfing and looked in a few books. Best of all I looked into some technical specs in my owners manual. I am fairly shure in a text book phrase.

6,800rpm...

And as far as shifting. I usualy do anywere from 5,800 to 6,000.

I can tell you if you are on the stock ECU for say like my car a 93 Non Vtec Civic CX Hatch... The ECU will stop you from going above 6,500rpm. Granted word of mouth with my mechanics and a few of my buddies.. Not all have the same thing going on.:eek:

Oh btw the CX tranny is teh suck!

(Better than making 50 posts when I can just edit my thread)

Ok to the guys doing 60 in secon gear is that MPH or KPH? Cause if its MPH I dont believe that for a second.

Last edited:
Yea

I have a d15b7 with eagle rods cp pistons stock head my rev limiter hit at 6500 w a d16 tranny shortthrow shifter stock steelies.1st for me I take to 42 2nd to 75 3rd to 98 4th I spray a 100 shot to 148 and 5th I spray to well idk never been that high. But mine is set at 6500 idk how to change it whish I could cuz my civic is still pullin at 6400. My buddys 96 dx hatcg w ill hit at 7200 so idk some cars r diff there never always the same

I have a d15b7 with eagle rods cp pistons stock head my rev limiter hit at 6500 w a d16 tranny shortthrow shifter stock steelies.1st for me I take to 42 2nd to 75 3rd to 98 4th I spray a 100 shot to 148 and 5th I spray to well idk never been that high. But mine is set at 6500 idk how to change it whish I could cuz my civic is still pullin at 6400. My buddys 96 dx hatcg w ill hit at 7200 so idk some cars r diff there never always the same

Hey, awesome contribution bro. Thanks for bringing back this retarded thread full of misinformation from 2007 just so we could chat some more about redlining our single-cam, non-VTEC engines.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back