1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d15b7 swappable parts list????

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by 97superteg, Oct 19, 2008.

Highest HP not ease of execution or most common

1. d15b7 Frankenstien (NA)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. d15b7 mini me swap (NA)

66.7%
  3. d15b7 FI

33.3%
  4. d15b7 Frank FI

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. 97superteg

97superteg New Member

hey all. couldnt find this info anywhere on the net, and im a automotive student. i have a d15b7 motor from a 94 civic lx. im pulling the motor out, well actually its allmost done. im going to do a full rebuild on it since it needed new valves. i want to do with it the same thing im doing to my 97 GSR b18c1. put new oem type r pistons, rings, with oem type r intake cam, and type r valves or maybe just bigger valve springs and retainers and machine the old valves. i want to do the same thing to my civic motor to get more out of it. is there a list of compiled parts from different motors that will fit in the d15b7 motor? i know with B series allmost anything is interchangeable to some extent, and i know it is the same with the D but only i cant find anything for it. or is there no way to do it without doing mini me or somthing to that extent. like i said im doing the same thing with my b18c and swapping it with b18c5 internals and getting like +25hp. i just want to know if this can be done the same way but with the d15b7.

2. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

I would just do the Mini Me. It's not like D-series stuff is expensive...

3. 97superteg

97superteg New Member

my point is, i want as much power as possible WITHOUT vtec. i allready have a vtec so i want to mess around with the non vtec setup and get credit for it in school.

4. frodotoolbox

frodotoolbox 92 civic si d15b

i beleive the s model del sol is a non vtec d15 you could just pull one of those from a junk yard if you want

5. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

If that's the case then a junkyard turbo kit is going to be the best bang for your buck. There aren't really many OEM parts you can stick into that motor that will make a big difference power-wise...

6. efhondakid

efhondakid My name is Byron. VIP

:werd: I would throw some boost into it, tune it and call it a day.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted