d15b7

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HugoX

hey i got a honda civic dx d15b7. stock motor but has a del sol tranny. i want to tune up my car but with out swapping the motor. what you guys think? also im a noob

I had one of these it was alright, 102bhp...

cold air intake is the biggest cheapest difference, STICK WITH a 4-1 Header if you get an aftermarket one, the D15b7 runs like crap with 4-2-1 headers.

[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]NGK Iridium Spark Plugs[/SIZE][/FONT] and wires......made a difference on it as well

2 1/4 Inch exhuast system, or atleast 2inches from the stock piping.

I did all those things to mine and it ran sweet, except i had a 4-2-1 header and that just screwed it up, especially when you don't run the o2 sensor to the down pipe, i had mine on the header (manifold)

I'm pretty sure the cam out of a A6 or zc fit. Get a aem cold air intake, I aware by them.

Aem makes good stuff, but way over priced for what it is, Hell if you wanted to you can use PVC piping to make an intake system, people even use em for home made turbo's haha.

Anyway one thing you can do if you dont have the cash yet to get anything is to remove the resonator from the intake system, they are tucked right underneath the filter box, if you remove the bumper makes it hella easy to remove.

Once you have done this, you pretty much have a intake system that works just as good as a cheapy ractive cold air intake.

What kind of mileage/Km's does the engine have?

Something you may want to look into for the future, I know you don't want to swap the engine, but I'm pretty sure you can get some good gains from just swapping the head with a better flowing VTEC one, you may want to look into the "mini me" (I dont know much about this swap, but if you search there's lots of info).

Again this may be too much for you right now, but its something worth looking into since a VTEC head is prob the best bang for the buck bolt-on part.

D15b7 is a good base to start with for a noob. Go with a D16a6 camshaft, D16z6 intake, better valve springs, chip your ecu and raise the rev limit. Basic bolt ons like header, intake, and exhaust. Port you Throttle body and match the intake. Also work the casting at the opening of the intake manifold where the throttle body goes on. Try to work any rough areas out rite there without interfering with the hole its self. Gasket match your intake manifold, polish you exhaust ports, and a D16z6 transmission.

Back