D15B8 to D15B. Any other parts/

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jonny197

I currently have a D15B8 in a 95 CX Hatchback that I was planning on having rebuilt. I have a blown head gasket, fried piston rings, and need a new clutch. Plus it has 200k+ miles. Instead of having this engine rebuilt I am considering getting a D15B swap (includes tranny) from TorontoJDM.com - Total Japanese Domestic Motor - JDM D15B OBD1 VTEC ENGINE

I am not doing a swap for any other series, I can't afford to go to a B or H series, so I am looking at a simple D swap. If I get the D15B would I need anything else besides the P08 ecu?

Thanks in advance guys.

You could probably get the d16z6 at a local junkyard cheaper than your engine plus shipping ur buying. Either way, it's a simple bolt up, but if you follow my thread on the forums, things do pop up to hinder the process.

P08 looks for 1wire o2 sensor
you need to use the map off the firewall and hook it to the one on the throttle body, making the one on the harness useless.
Hook the tps up right, easier said than done
other than that, in a perfect world it's plug and play. There are many threads on the forum about this swap if u need more info.

Back