D15bø head swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Nakawakka06

What other heads fit on the d15b8 motor? Looking for a little more proformace. Thanks

easiest VTEC head swap would be a D16Z6

this is commonly referred to as a "mini-me"
there is tons of information and walk-throughs available on doing this conversion

but you will still have the horribly long CX gearing

you might be better off swapping in a JDM D15B and tranny (or a D16Z6 and tranny)

or if you have the funds you could go with a B swap
even a modestly built B18B in that light car will be impressive if done right

yeah just what E said, its almost not worth it really, that bottom end sux and the trans will make it almost pointless, get a sohc zc swap or something of that nature, a cable trans would make it a bit easier. and where are you located I actually have a si trans with 2 new clutch kits for sell local.

Hey, thanks guys, looks like im going to need to do some reading up. And im located in sc

Actually any D-series head besides the B6 would be an upgrade(B8 and B6 are 8-valve heads). Majority of D15B8s have identical bottom ends as the D15B7; difference is the earlier ones have pistons with only two valve reliefs(that match the head).

So the pistons can handle the d16z6 head? And if i get the head ill need the wires the distributor, vteck componet and a p28 right? Anything else? Maybe y8 gasket set?

Back