1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d15z1 build?

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by competitiveaudioman, Mar 2, 2008.

1. competitiveaudioman

competitiveaudioman New Member

what can you do to these "econo" engines? what mods can be done to help this little guy out?

2. Luis998

Luis998 Honda Enthusiast

Lets start with what your goals are and try to go from there. You can do a lot of things to an engine, it all depends what you want out of them. :D

3. Luis998

Luis998 Honda Enthusiast

On such engines, would it be possible to swap out the head? I didn't realize this was a VTEC-E until you pointed it out.

4. competitiveaudioman

competitiveaudioman New Member

this is what i want to know as well. i think the "econo" version is all in the head. if i swap out to a y8 head i should see gains right?

5. Luis998

Luis998 Honda Enthusiast

Of course, if this were possible though. That is something I am not able to tell you. Someone else like Blanco or one of the other knowledgeable people around here might be able to answer that question. My suggestion to all is do like I have and research the hell out of the topic you're looking for.

I would think since you have a D-series block, that another D-series head, such as the D16Y8 head which you mentioned, or the D16Z6 head should theoretically bolt right up. Switching the heads will add power or gains, if you will, to your build. Best of luck to you guys. Keep me informed as one person can never learn too much. :D

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted