D15Z1 engine (VXi)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hello im from the United Kingdom and am looking for some help on information what parts are interchangeable on my VXi (D15Z1) eninge from other D-series engines, I was interested in swapping heads and other things such as exhaust header, so can anybody give me any information on what parts are interchangeable and what would parts would you advise me using and could you advise any upgrades such as exhaust header inlet header and cylinder heads, i only want to run the car NA and dont want to do a swap, i just wanna see what experimenting will give me from my 1.5 VTEC - E engine, im open to any ideas thanks for all your help Richie

Thanks again for your time and co-operation
Richie :) B) :D

Sorry man, the D15Z1 is hopeless, and will never be fast. Had it pounded it replaced it.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Aug 31 2003, 11:18 AM
Sorry man, the D15Z1 is hopeless, and will never be fast. Had it pounded it replaced it.

<_< This isnt the help i was really looking for, its all good saying that i should pound it, but i dont want to buy another car or engine for a swap, this car has been made for track use has a roll cage fitted and leda shocks, nsx calipers and prelude discs, bucket seats and a stripped interior and some carbon parts and light weight wheels, im just looking for a bit of fun tunning to run the car into the ground till it cant take no more and i was lookin to have a go at seeing wat was best, i know there isnt much to tune it with as with most D-series but i just want to experiment. for instance with the cat being on the exhaust header i was wondering if i was to change headers for a d series header that doesnt have a cat on it what gains would i get

Richie

You may see something runnning no cat, you could maybe do a mini me, or bore and stroke it. You can turn it into something else, but I am just saying the gains aren't going to be worth it.

dont get me wrong mate i dont mean to sound snappy but the car wont sell 2nd hand so its just gonna be my track car and the engines ok for wat i want i just want to eek the power.
mini me??

Mini me is usaully putting a vtec sohc head on a non vtec block, I don't know what combo you could use for the D15Z1, since it is vtec-e, maybe a ESi vtec head since it wasn't quite as much of an economy motor, and you could get a different tranny, the VXi had a very economically geared tranny. Maybe a Si, ESi, I believe is the Europeon version of the US Si.

i was thinking that an esi head would fit but i didnt know the VEi has smaller valves than any other with it still being a vtec car i would need/want a vtec head

Thanks for all your help Richie :D

Back