d15z1 in 93 coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

spook001

when i put this motor in the car it would not crank all the way up it just turns over really slow
i checked all my grounds, starter, alternater, dizzy, and battery.
also when i took the motor back out all the oil was in the oil pan the filter was dry does any one know what this could be?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 17 2005, 01:44 PM
bad oil pump? ceased ring lands? no compression? its hard to say,.
[post=462179]Quoted post[/post]​

thanks for input ........
but what could cause ceased rings or having no compression?????

seized rings = could be a bunch of things

hes saying its hard to say what it can be with no info.

have you tried turning the motor by hand at the crankshaft with a socket and ratchet?? you should be able to without too much trouble until you hit the compression stroke

Originally posted by DelSlo@Feb 17 2005, 11:59 PM

have you tried turning the motor by hand at the crankshaft with a socket and ratchet?? you should be able to without too much trouble until you hit the compression stroke
[post=462435]Quoted post[/post]​

i've turned with a ratchet and i know its not locked
i was asking what could cause all that stuff so i could tell if that motor was a total waste but..... if it could be fixed i know a guy selling a shell and i could drop the d15z1 in it but........ if it is a waste at least i could get something for it at a junk yard

Originally posted by spook001+Feb 18 2005, 12:37 PM-->
@Feb 17 2005, 11:59 PM

[post=462435]Quoted post[/post]​

i've turned with a ratchet and i know its not locked
i was asking what could cause all that stuff so i could tell if that motor was a total waste but..... if it could be fixed i know a guy selling a shell and i could drop the d15z1 in it but........ if it is a waste at least i could get something for it at a junk yard
[post=462630]Quoted post[/post]​

Okay if you really want know if the motor is not turning? Take all the spark plugs out and turn the motor by hand with a ratchet. If you can turn it then the motor is still turning. I would say you have a bad starter or ground or battery?

Sounds like the battery is dying.

Back