D15Z1 Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bhudek

I'm looking to buy a D15Z1 motor and swap it into another civic simply because i have had no luck finding a 92-95 civic vx. I really have no knowledge on hondas. I need to know what models i can swap into with the least amount of work and money put into the project and also the best place to find the parts necessary to make this swap work. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Well the chassis should be obvious, you're going to want a 92-95 Civic. Keep in mind though, that the VX's awesome mileage is partly from the engine, but also from the fact that the VX weighs the least out of all the various models. Just because you swap that engine into a car doesn't mean you're going to get the exact same mileage as the VX does.

If I were you, I'd probably just keep looking for a stock VX, CX, or DX hatch...

Yeah i know i was more wondering what i would need to do in terms of ecu, tranny, and other electronics. Its a Vtec-e so can i only use the ECU from the VX? Also are all the five speeds used through these years the same or is the vx specific as well?

You'll want the ECU that goes with the motor, and yes, the gear ratios in the transmission are specific to the motor as well. Your mileage won't be quite as good without the matching transmission...

Back