d15z1 with a y8 head? problems?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

johnnyreb81

I've got a 97 civic I picked up cheap, it has a y8 head and a d15z1 bottom end. It runs n idles ok although it gets down to like 300rpms sometimes. Anyway, it'll only rev to like 5k then sputters and won't give anymore, and the check engine light is on...showing a knock sensor code. Anyone help please?

I'm not sure on the ecu...how do it tell which one it is? I know the actual ecu looks and mounts different than the one did in my 99si, but the place it mounts looks the same. As for the knock sensor...i have to pigtails not plugged in, one for the crank speed variance. Which I jumped and that's all good...the other is a two pin plug that only has one wire...it looked to be red or pink with blue stripe?. But can't find a place to plug it in...

Hmm...so after some reading i've found that the d15z1 doesn't have a knock sensor...so is there a way to put one on it, or a way to fool the ecu into thinkin there is? Short of getting a 92-95 ecu and a harness that I can't afford..?

Back