D15z1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jOnZ

JDM jOn
D15Z1 1.5 VTEC-E ... going to be whipping this for a daily drive until feb 2008 then im swapping in a GSR but for now i was wonder what I could use to gain some power out of this ... never messed with a D series was wondering if a 1.6 VTEC cam could possibly go on this motor and gain more hp? or anything from the 1.6 VTEC. What bolt ons would be worth putting on this motor? ISO some more hp but not to much considering im swapping a gsr.

sorry about double post also what if i put the entire 1.6 VTEC head on my D15Z1(1.5VTEC-E) block?

1.6 cam won't fit, but the head will. Probably not worth messing with; since its built around fuel economy only. It will probably gain some power but the compression will be lower than stock.

Yeah true ... Was just hoping for more power besides a header and exhaust which I dont even have on there it's completely stock. I threw this motor in to get me around and save some money on gas. ^_^

Back