d15z2 mini me possible?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

can a d15b (vtec) head go onto a d15z2 bottom end?

its an aus spec dual carby (d15z2)

i have the whole d15b vtec engine but if i can do a head swap i will

is this possible?

the dual carby actually has an ecu

i've heard problems with the d15z1 in terms of compression issues

is this the same with the d15z2?

Quoted post[/post]]

is this possible?

You will have problem fitting the vacuum advance dizzy on the P08 VTEC cylinder head. Also the electronic advance type D15B VTEC dizzy will not work properly with the dual carb ecu.

Might as well perform a complete D15B VTEC swap. Hopefully the engine comes with the complete uncut wire harness & ecu. The dual carb ecu has several functions missing for mpfi and VTEC operation.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

is this possible?

You will have problem fitting the vacuum advance dizzy on the P08 VTEC cylinder head. Also the electronic advance type D15B VTEC dizzy will not work properly with the dual carb ecu.

Might as well perform a complete D15B VTEC swap. Hopefully the engine comes with the complete uncut wire harness & ecu. The dual carb ecu has several functions missing for mpfi and VTEC operation.

yeh i'm aware that i need to add the wires for the fuel injectors and vtec and i'm prepared for that

i also have the p28 (p08 almost the same) ecu and the 15b engine harness...which plugs right into my existing ecu harness.

it would save me a whole lot of hassles to just swap heads..not sure what u mean about the vacuum advance dizzy but i have a p08 dizzy also

basically i have the entire engine..

would there any issues in terms of compession - for the d15z2?

hmm nobody knows anything about mini-me's?

technically the bottom end of my engine should be the same as any other d15 series right?

and i just checked the engine block to be a d15z2

You seemed to have everything for the swap. By all means go ahead. The d15z2 is not indigenous to other domestic markets so not much info we can offer to help.

Try using this d-series calculator to find out your final compression with the swap.

http://www.knology.net/~jediklc/D.htm

If it hits above 11, try to use stronger aftermarket head bolts otherwise get new head bolts to prevent long-term gasket failure.

Also remember to remove the oil control orifice found on the block during the swap between cylinders 2 & 3.

im not sure about the compression of the Z2 motor, but most likely the D15B-VTEC has the higher compression(which is still only 9.2:1). The head should bolt on if its anything like the american D15Z1 engine(im assuming theyre the same except one is carburetted).

Back