D16, B18... turbo, NA?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdm99ek

I want to up the power output of my civic, its a 99EX w/ a d16y8 and i was debating wether or not to build and turbo it, find an ls motor and turbo it, or build an NA ls w/ gsr head. which one will get the most back for the buck, so to speak?

depends what you wanna do, if you boost you have to take more car of the car imo and boosting is also kinda expensive and i dont know how much you plan on spending. again this is just my opinion but id go with the ls vtec, you can get a head and block for pretty cheap if you look hard enough and still put out some decent power with internals. and then in the future if you want boost you can invest in it.

most bang for the buck is to turbo it. you can get 80-100hp for under $1500.

just depends on your goal, your budget, your driving habits, and your mechanic skills.

The best choice is one that you can afford. If you really want bang for the buck, nitrous is the ticket.

Building a car N/A is the expensive way to go slow. Boost an LS and call it a day.

The best choice is one that you can afford. If you really want bang for the buck, nitrous is the ticket.

Building a car N/A is the expensive way to go slow. Boost an LS and call it a day.

:werd:

if you are set on a swap that is. if i were to build a honda again, on a budget, i would do that.

now, if i was to build one today, i would sc an itr. but, i have money and know how to do the labor. you however, are just starting out. keep it simple.

I built and boosted my LS and i had TONS OF FUN!

Back