1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d16 bottom end

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by SolPWR, Feb 18, 2004.

1. SolPWR

SolPWR Senior Member

ok boosting a the "dirty D" with a small t3 like turbo I was wonder what should I do to the bottom end It will be running an intercooler with a max of 10psi. Should anything be done to the bottom end? Also with the addition of other power adders such as IM/cam/Ntercooler n2o/PnP would these affect the strength of the bottom end too?

2. Cashizslick

Cashizslick !i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!

IF you are only running a max of 10 psi on, then it is not nessesary to build your bottom end - just make darn sure you are using good fuel management (AFC hack or Hondata) and that you retard your ignition a few degrees to prevent detonation.

Assuming that you only run about 7 psi, then you will be fine with a t3 - if you run 10 psi all the time, you may want to slightly lower your compression ratio in addition to all the stuff i just listed.

3. Loco Honkey

Loco Honkey Banned

I ran 10 PSI on my Z6 with 132K miles on it without any problems. The turbo I had was about the same size as a T3 42/48.

4. SolPWR

SolPWR Senior Member

what kind of fuel management? Im prolly gonna do 7psi but 10 at the track. what about the other mods? DOes that make a difference too?

5. highlife

highlife Senior Member

i ran a greddy 15g on my Y8 for over a year and only have a 190 walbro fuel pump and MSD SCI with no problem on 9lbs

u dont need to build ur bottom if ur running anything under 10lbs IMO

6. SolLess16

SolLess16 Senior Member

if you have alot of miles look into new piston rings and rodbearing

7. silver

silver Senior Member

fuel management......as long as you dont go over MAS restrictions and get forced to get a 3-bar (hondata), i say the hack :ph34r:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted