d16 bottom end

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolPWR

ok boosting a the "dirty D" with a small t3 like turbo I was wonder what should I do to the bottom end It will be running an intercooler with a max of 10psi. Should anything be done to the bottom end? Also with the addition of other power adders such as IM/cam/Ntercooler n2o/PnP would these affect the strength of the bottom end too?

IF you are only running a max of 10 psi on, then it is not nessesary to build your bottom end - just make darn sure you are using good fuel management (AFC hack or Hondata) and that you retard your ignition a few degrees to prevent detonation.

Assuming that you only run about 7 psi, then you will be fine with a t3 - if you run 10 psi all the time, you may want to slightly lower your compression ratio in addition to all the stuff i just listed.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Feb 18 2004, 06:43 PM
I ran 10 PSI on my Z6 with 132K miles on it without any problems. The turbo I had was about the same size as a T3 42/48.

what kind of fuel management? Im prolly gonna do 7psi but 10 at the track. what about the other mods? DOes that make a difference too?

i ran a greddy 15g on my Y8 for over a year and only have a 190 walbro fuel pump and MSD SCI with no problem on 9lbs

u dont need to build ur bottom if ur running anything under 10lbs IMO

fuel management......as long as you dont go over MAS restrictions and get forced to get a 3-bar (hondata), i say the hack :ph34r:

Back