D16 cel

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EP3Hatch1987

Meeeeooowww!!!!!
Got a question bout my check engine light turning on and turning off while driving.. Say I'll be driving regular and CEL comes on car jerks and hardly any throttle response and after bot 10 15 seconds it turns off and drives like a champ.. Idk what it is MAP sensor?

If it turns on and off while driving then its possible that the engine is misfiring, which may explain the random jerking. Check your spark plugs, wires, and dizzy.

^ what they said. a faulty MAP sensor shouldn't adjust A/F ratio radically enough to cause jerking. sputtering or loss of power maybe...

Firing order is rite and spark plugs are good.. And I only does 1 jerk when the cel comes on not off

The cel comes on because there is currently a misfire and then goes off once it stops misfiring. Stupid yes, but for some reason that is the way the computer alerts you. It doesn't stay lit until it really starts misfiring a lot or at least it did on my D16. You can try plugging in a code reader and see if it tells you a misfire or other event was recorded.

Okay yeah a Lil wierd.. Lol can I juss use a wire and jump and connect the 2 wires and count the blinks on the dash?

Right, but it's not a turbo-related issue. If your car is turbo you don't have to confine every question to the turbo forum...

Back