D16 Compression

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Kanned

Beast
I have a rebuilt D16y7 and have done a compression test to try and reveal a problem I've been having. It has about 7k miles on it, so it's broken in.

First off, I had all of the plugs out the entire time. I'm almost positive this won't have an effect on the readings, but please inform me if I'm wrong. The compression read approx 165 all the way across. All of them were within 5-7 psi of each other. Does this sound about right? I'm going to do a wet test today and see the difference.

Thanks,
Sean

As long as they're close to each other, it should be fine. Mine was around the same and ran fine. I believe air temperature has effect on compression too because when I had done the compression testing on my old CRX, I was getting like 210 and such.

I think it should be around 180 psi or so.. but the difference could be in the compression tester that you have, and the fact that they are within 5 or so PSI of each other is far more important than being 10 PSI under nominal compression. I could be wrong on that 180 number too.. I don't have a service manual on me to confirm it.

What specific problems are you having?

Back