d16 diy turbo kit ?s

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SPEEDFREAK0920

i have a 1996 coupe with a d16y8 block and y7 nonvtec head. (cam gear broke and blew the y8 vtec head and i got a y7 head for free. so no vtec for me) :(

i also have a Td05 16g turbo off my mitsubishi evo 8 with the 9.8 hotside

i want to run a HF ex. mani. with an adapter

i just want to do a simple/cheap turbo setup on my dd. not looking for big numbers.

? is.... will my 16g bolt up to the hf manifold? if so, what kind of adapter do i need to purchase? can anyone give me a link? :confused:

i plan to also run:

-dsm 440cc injectors
-hks ssqv bov
-johnnyracecar/ebay fmic with custom charge pipes
-p28 unchipped at 8psi

any idea what kind of power i can expect from this setup?

thnx in advance for everyones help

i have a 1996 coupe with a d16y8 block and y7 nonvtec head. (cam gear broke and blew the y8 vtec head and i got a y7 head for free. so no vtec for me) :(

i also have a Td05 16g turbo off my mitsubishi evo 8 with the 9.8 hotside

i want to run a HF ex. mani. with an adapter

i just want to do a simple/cheap turbo setup on my dd. not looking for big numbers.

? is.... will my 16g bolt up to the hf manifold? if so, what kind of adapter do i need to purchase? can anyone give me a link? :confused:

i plan to also run:

-dsm 440cc injectors
-hks ssqv bov
-johnnyracecar/ebay fmic with custom charge pipes
-p28 unchipped at 8psi

any idea what kind of power i can expect from this setup?

thnx in advance for everyones help
P28 unchipped? You're planning on running a stock map on a turbo'd car? I don't think so.

The adapter plates are around, just search man.

As for the rest of your ideas, it seems like you've got a good plan so far. Just be careful with that engine if it has high mileage.

my setup is a stock d16y7 big16g diy manifold 2.5in exhaust prety lagre fmic 42lb ford injectors walbro 255. tuned with AEM i made 224hp 209tq on a dyno jet

big 16g as in evo 5-6 16g? yeah but you're tuned on AEM. Thnx for the response man. i appreciate it

i'll be running a small 16g and dsm 440 injectors. i'm not really hopeing for crazy numbers. i'd be happy with 180ish whp.

ya if you run a unchipped P28 your gonna be saying bye bye motor maybe the first time into boost. At the very least get a basemap on there.

Back