d16 dohc boost?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

what kind of psi could i run with a stock d16a1 dohc engine? im looking to boost but know jack about these engines. any help is appriciated

I'm pretty sure it's the same 200whp every other D16 can handle.

I thought d16's could take 250whp stock? I saw it on d-series somewhere in the FI forums. Either way that sounds like the max and I'd go for 220whp max just to be safe.

the turbo you get depends where you want the power..up top or down low???
and stock d' handle up to 200hp nicely,,they will indeed fail anywhere from 201-230(guaranteed at 230)

There is a difference between the DOHC D16 and the SOHC version. The SOHC version has VTEC, the DOHC version does not. And if I was you I would not put the lbs setting no more than 10lbs. But that doesnt mean you cant buy a big turbo for this engine. You can always adjust the settings (just make sure the settings can be set to between 8lbs to 10lbs). Good Luck!

if you're not building the engine down the road or anything, i'd say go cheap with the turbo set-up and get a sec. gen. t-25 off an eclipse turbo and run their 440 injectors. i would NOT go past 10psi. I'd tune it on 8psi and up it to 10psi at the track only. g/l man

I would suggest a t3 super 60 turbo, or maybe a t3/t4 50 trim turbo. What are your power goals ? You can hit 250hp and still be safe on that engine.

Back