1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d16 harness question

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by ekhatchguy, Feb 25, 2012.

1. ekhatchguy

ekhatchguy New Member

Good morning all!

Been doing some homework on the y7 to y8 swap.. not the mini me but full swap. I have a 96 civic dx hatch. I have the y8 engine, and 5 sp man tranny with ecu. My question is i have read that i can use my existing harness with a few modifications for VTEC. However with this swap i will be also going from an auto to a man and i noticed that some of the posts i read they said no problem using the existing y7 harness if is auto. Is there anything i need to know before I start this? Any advice or tips? Thanks in advance!

2. 99sidude

99sidude Moderator Moderator VIP

Make sure you check the motormounts. I believe you might need different passenger side mount and rear bracket.

3. RHDism

RHDism Right Hand Drive guru

You WILL need a passenger side manual mount. The center (rear bracket) mount is the same ;)

4. RHDism

RHDism Right Hand Drive guru

This info can be found with the search option, but yes the auto harness will work.
    Be sure you stay with 96-98 manual ecu only. You can either cut or tape off the plugs for the auto solenoids. You will need to convert to a 2 wire iacv once you run the proper p2p ecu as well as a manual y8 intake mani.
    2 additional wires will be needed for VTEC. solenoid and pressure.

5. tabKola

tabKola New Member

Also one wire for the knock sensor.

6. ekhatchguy

ekhatchguy New Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted