d16 IM on a ZC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

anyone know if a skunk2 IM for d-series will fit onto a DOHC zc head??

thanks
-ben

I'm going to hazard a guess at yes... but I'm not 100% sure. It most likely will bolt on, and if there are any differences- it's probably just the port spacing on the IM. See if you can grab gaskets for both the ZC and the D16 intake manifolds, then match them up to see where the differences are.

Originally posted by Calesta@Feb 10 2005, 08:24 PM
I'm going to hazard a guess at yes... but I'm not 100% sure.  It most likely will bolt on, and if there are any differences- it's probably just the port spacing on the IM.  See if you can grab gaskets for both the ZC and the D16 intake manifolds, then match them up to see where the differences are.
[post=459364]Quoted post[/post]​

no, only DOHC ZC (or D16A1) will fit DOHC ZC head - here is picture of D16A6 gasket on DOHC ZC intake manifold
gallery_23631_1_35456.jpg

Originally posted by jlicrx+Feb 10 2005, 09:33 PM-->
@Feb 10 2005, 08:24 PM
I'm going to hazard a guess at yes... but I'm not 100% sure. It most likely will bolt on, and if there are any differences- it's probably just the port spacing on the IM. See if you can grab gaskets for both the ZC and the D16 intake manifolds, then match them up to see where the differences are.

no, only DOHC ZC (or D16A1) will fit DOHC ZC head - here is picture of D16A6 gasket on DOHC ZC intake manifold
[post=459368]Quoted post[/post]​

Excellent. Great information. :thumbsup:

Can I steal your picture and turn it into a reference article?

Originally posted by Calesta+Feb 11 2005, 01:37 PM-->
Originally posted by jlicrx@Feb 10 2005, 09:33 PM
Calesta
@Feb 10 2005, 08:24 PM
I'm going to hazard a guess at yes... but I'm not 100% sure.  It most likely will bolt on, and if there are any differences- it's probably just the port spacing on the IM.  See if you can grab gaskets for both the ZC and the D16 intake manifolds, then match them up to see where the differences are.

[post=459368]Quoted post[/post]​

Excellent. Great information. :thumbsup:

Can I steal your picture and turn it into a reference article?
[post=459646]Quoted post[/post]​

sure - not mine anyway - just found it somewhere

Back