D16 Intercooler

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xRONINSxROGUEx

I'm putting together a turbo kit for my d16 civic an I was wondering if anybody knew of a good intercooler. I'm looking for a good quality part but yet somewhat inexpensive. I'm not sure I want to buy anything off ebay the intercoolers off there seem to be lower quality. Thanks

cooler

I bought one from eBay and it's very good and solid , I have it installed on my 92 hatch , honestly , if you are going to spend money on something , it shouldn't be on the intercooler. Just don't get a really bad one, here is a pic of my car when I was installing the intercooler ...

Attachments

• Image191.jpg
    Image191.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 571
I bought one from eBay and it's very good and solid , I have it installed on my 92 hatch , honestly , if you are going to spend money on something , it shouldn't be on the intercooler. Just don't get a really bad one, here is a pic of my car when I was installing the intercooler ...

That looks really good. Did you have to modify anything as far as your front bumper goes in order to get it to fit? It doesn't look like it from the picture you posted.

on the car side , where is the red pipe i had to cut a little bit :p , and in the back side of the bumber I had to cut the center part and one side , not too hard to do tho !

on the car side , where is the red pipe i had to cut a little bit :p , and in the back side of the bumber I had to cut the center part and one side , not too hard to do tho !

I'm sure it wouldn't be for an experienced hand like yourself. I'll leave my installation to my mechanic when the time comes. Very nice set up. I wish you the best.

I always try to do everything myself, nobody can work in your car with that love and so careful than yourself. granted, sometimes I need a mechanic that I already evaluated which I can have him touch my car lol

I always try to do everything myself, nobody can work in your car with that love and so careful than yourself. granted, sometimes I need a mechanic that I already evaluated which I can have him touch my car lol

haha...I feel you on that. Few "shop" mechanics are trusted to touch my car. I'm very weary of them, as I learned EONS ago when I had my last car. I have two good "backyard" mechanics and one shop mechanic, who usually does my alignments and anything having to do with my suspension. Other than that, the other two take care of everything else.

Yea i'm trying to build something to last for a while. The project car is also the dd. That intercooler looks like it would do the job quite well. how much did you spend for it?

I spent like $150,

Are you going to keep stock internals ?

what's your goal whp?

are you going to tune it ?

I'm gonna use vitara pistons on tuner toy rods. That combo i think should get me at least 225-230 on a good tune. I'm not sure what i'm what i'm going to tune it with yet though.

Crome ... , I haven't even get the hardware yet , and I already have my setup almost ready in Crome.

I've been trying to think of the name of that brand. I knew it was something Race car but I didn't remember the rest. Thanks for all the imput everyone

Blanco , by the way , I have a question , after you buy crome pro , and you have the serial number, and you go over all the steps for registration , and later on your computer crashes and you need to user another computer , do you have to buy the license again ? ( I don't think they work that way but I didn't see any recovery steps on the page )

Back