d16 into a 95 dx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

roughlove44

im putting in a d16 in my 95 dx sedan and need some help......ok lets start off i have the motor and ecu but i dot know what has to be done to install it can any one help thanks

well your gona have to convert to obd2 or convert you car back to obd1, if it was me id just convert it to obd2, do you know what year the motor and ecu is

i believe its a 96 and the ecu is a p2p i just have two concerns if the stock wiring will go into the new ecu and if the new harness will just plug in i doubt it cuz ive been reading but i dont know
what to buy so it will fit

just usee your stock harness and add the wires for vtec, but you will need a conversion harness from rywire. to convert it to obd2, then it will plug right up, i would call them and tell them what motor you have and car and they will give you a price on a plug and play wiring kit

well when i bought the engine i got the engine harness so can i use that one...doesnt it bring the wires for the vtec already?

well when i bought the engine i got the engine harness so can i use that one...doesnt it bring the wires for the vtec already?
yes but it wont plug up unless you change all the wires

ok so ima have to take all the wiring off the new engine and put the one from the non vtec on it and add the vtec wiring to it so it could plug in there isnt an adapter or something

ok so ima have to take all the wiring off the new engine and put the one from the non vtec on it and add the vtec wiring to it so it could plug in there isnt an adapter or something
well if it was me i would use my stock harness and just add the vtec wires to it, and then buy a conversion harness to convert it to obd2 then it will plug up

well ive been working on taking out the engine today and im almost finished i just need a few more bolts and im pulling it out hopefully it will go well

Back