d16 ofr a b16a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Rickd16

I just wanted to know what's better to do with my car:
I have a `92 civic LX, i wanna swap in b16a but i dont really know if its worth it, what do you guys think?

so which has a lot more torque? the b16a or the b18? the thing is that i love my car and i dont think anybody would spect me to have a turbocharged b16a in my car

the b18 has more tork but only about 15-20 more tork, if you wont tork put a h22a in there

get your block freshened up...get new rings, the cylinders honed, some new bearings...that will ready your block. If you are looking for more than 250hp, I'd spend the scratch on some forged pistons. A good valve job and a nice camshaft will help you out as well.

so ur saying that i could get 250wph without turbocharging it? i was thinking in putting a short ram intake, intake manifold, headers, and high flow exhaust, i also wanted to replace the stock camshafts for stage 1, also the throttle body, what do u think i should do after?

No, no, no. I'm saying you can turbo it to 250whp without having to rebuild the engine. Don't waste money on a stage one cam, just get a stage two. They're the same price and stage one cams are only slightly more aggressive than stock. You don't need an aftermarket IM or larger TB until you start bumping compression and doing head work. Your list is maybe 15bhp.

i said stage one camshafts cuz my buddy put stage two on his '00 civic Si, and it was running too rich then we changed them back to the stock ones and it came out that it ran faster with the stock ones.

That's why you tune after adding performance parts. :)

why do you mean tuning? i had another question, ive seen so many people talking about different types of d16 engines which one are there? and for any chance do you know which is the one i got? my car is a 1992 civic LX

im gonna get a '00 civic Si, whats the stats on that one? should i get it? its only like 8000 bucks

Back