1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d16 swap

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by hondaciviccx, May 6, 2005.

1. hondaciviccx

hondaciviccx Junior Member

i just purchased a d16y8 for my 1992 honda civic cx. it is out a 1996 del sol. would any of u out there be able tell me what all i am going to need. i have the motor, tranny, and ecu. if u can it would be great.

2. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

either get a converison harness to run the OBD2 ecu

or get OBD1 ecu, distributor, and injectors...

your ecu, dist and injectors can work on that motor, but wihtout a P28 = no vtec, and your dist isn't going to line up right with the bolt holes

3. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

the injector plugs are different
    the distributor plug is different
    the alternator plug might be different

your car is a 92 so you should already have the wiring for VTEC (all 92 civics had it)
    im not sure if it is already on the engine harness but i know it goes at least to the plugs on the shock towers

now as for the plugs that are different... you can go out and spend more money on OBD1 parts
    or...
    if you have the OBD-2 harness you can simply swap out the plugs:

for the injectors... the colors are the same for OBD-1 and OBD-2 just cut them off your harness and replace with the new plugs

for the distributor... you are going from a double plug setup to a single plug setup... when i did mine the colors didnt match but the wire location did

for the alternator... you can probly just use your stock one... i didnt convert the plug on mine so im not sure how to go about it

and yes you want to run that with a P28

4. hondaciviccx

hondaciviccx Junior Member

hey thanks i thought that all i really needed was the conversion harness but i figured i would ask for some suggestions. thanks everyone

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted