D16 tuning

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Roverguy

Hi im new here, i'm from england and i drive a rover 216 which has a D16Z2 engine, just wondering what i can do to, so far i have a short ram intake fitted and timing advanced 18 degrees.

am looking into getting a hondata ecu sorted and looking for a better throttle body and intake manifold.

what do you recommend? I'm on a budget so preferable stuff i can get from other cars rather than tuning companies.

andy

low2.jpg

low1.jpg

...yes the car is basically a honda concerto, rover and honda worked together on a lot of cars and most of the old rover range was based on onda chassis.

i don't think you need to advance the timing that much. tdc is probably the best setting for a sohc motor. i have mines currently at 17 a little off but that's ok. get headers...once i put in headers in my car i was killing other sohcs...get ngk iridium spark plugs and ngk wires, they help some what. with that kinda upgrade you'll be just that much faster. forget the exhaust, and get an intake manifold. then next thing get the skunk2 camshaft if you like for about $500. got my headers off ebay for 90 bucks and they work pretty good, but if you don't want some boot legged stuff it's gonna cost you!

well i had the timing setup by a friend who is currently running a blown b16 rex with a turbo kit he built and designed himself, he set the timing, so i trust it :)

what intake manifold do i want?

Back