D16 turbo questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolLess16

hey just wondering if i can use my aftermarket header as a turbo header - i know everyone used hf manifolds with an adapterplate but wondering if i could just use my header , it will be equal length but not sure if it will spool properly or not - also how hard is it to make a bseries manifold fit a dseries - also does it matter which way the turbo is mounted on the manifold - thanks

N/A header is completely different from a turbo "header" (manifold.) No, you can not use it.

mg11.jpg

See that? That's a turbo manifold.

doubtful it will be equal length, and doubtful that it would work. youd need to cut it and weld on some sort of collector...

you're better off sellign the header for 100 bucks and picking up a real turbo manifold.

hehe... wow, that manifold looks a little familiar :p

That manifold looks like it can kick some serious ass...I wonder if it will ever be used in a del sol? :)

Those two things hangin' under your penis are called balls...Use them once in a while, will ya? :)

Caller ID >> Work

did i mention they are morons too?

sorry to bogart your thread dude... lol

well its a 2peice header and it would be equal length if it took the bottom half off and ran an adapterplate to bolt the turbo on , but i know the turbo would sit to low if i did do that but it was just a quick thought - but does it matter which way i bolt the turbo on the manifold ??

if you want to obtain any sort of power or efficiency, yes. Like B said, it is probably a much much better idea to just buy a manifold. Shit, just buy like a rev-hard or something

Sure you can use your NA header for your turbo... just be prepared to have a mess of charge pipes running around underneath your oil pan.

:lol:

Originally posted by Calesta@Aug 20 2003, 03:18 PM
Sure you can use your NA header for your turbo... just be prepared to have a mess of charge pipes running around underneath your oil pan.

:lol:

yah man, unless you want to strap a turbo onto the cylinder #1 collector! haha.

alright no need to make fun here ,it was just a quick thought, what is a good manifold to use - or websites that have them for D16 - thanks

Back