d16 turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTEC_CBR

hey, i have a 97 d16y8 with 120,xxx miles. i was thinking about doing a swap, but i'm also thinking about going turbo. what do you guys think? i take good care of it...but due to the miles should i not go turbo?

That is a choice you'll have to make.

If you do boost it, at least replace rings, seal, and gaskets.

Compression test, then leakdown test... then maintenance on the engine if everything looks ok before you boost it.

I did a D16Z6 turbo, used a 14B turbo from a DSM and HF manifold, and i got it to work with custom intercooler pipes and type S bov but I wasn't happy with it so I got a b16a2 from a 00 SI and that is going to be boosted i think sometime. I mean theres only so much you can do to a single cam, but hten if you have a DOHC turbo then thats just way better. But I spent about 1000 bucks for all of my turbo stuff, it was fun while it lasted tho. Later

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jan 17 2005, 12:33 PM
i would imagine a z6 with a 14b would pull harder than a stock b16
[post=446925]Quoted post[/post]​

definately, my car with a N/A single cam is dead even if not faster than the same car with b16

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jan 19 2005, 04:46 AM
I'd rather boost my B16
[post=447915]Quoted post[/post]​

well if you already have the motor then sure. but for the price of a b16 and all the extra stuff you need to put it in, i could have bought my single cam swap AND turboed it. im not a hater, im just biased. B)

hey man check out the videos at Tallahasseeimports.com . It's got a boosted d16y8 in there burning a mustand 5.0 with and withuot mods. :eek: Also a prelude got burnt by the sohc civic. i think it was pulling 158hp at the wheels. And yes it had stock internals just like your car. Check it out and that might help you make your decision.

I suppose that's decent, I made around 253 on my LS-T with the AFC hack.

Back