d16 with 500 cfm holley carburater

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

plysndrt

was thinking about doing this has anyone heard of anyone doing this and how does it run

The Holley has nothing to do with what I quoted.. you can make loads of power with a carburetor, and a Honda is no exception.

By the way he also made it work according to his other post.

The Holley has nothing to do with what I quoted.. you can make loads of power with a carburetor, and a Honda is no exception.

By the way he also made it work according to his other post.

Never said power couldnt be made with a carb. There are tons of cars out there that run single or dual carbs that make a ton of power. Heck, my dad has one of them. He runs his NHRA chassis camaro that has a stroked SBC that runs a 9.61 1/4 mile. Its rare to even find full NHRA domestics running carbs. Heck its 2007. And the ones who still do; its because its what they know, its what they grew up with and dont want to get that technical to go EFI.

Back to why i posted what i did: If your looking for info on how to put a Holley carb on your honda civic you prolly wont find a whole lot on this forum. Fuel injection on a honda is the future. It was the past and just like anything; Im sure it can be done....

Anyways....

Okay I think I see what you meant with your original post now.. it was misleading the way your worded it which made it seem like you thought a carb wouldn't make power on any engine. However, I guess I should retract my original statement now that I see what you meant..

Actually, one of the fastest N/A Hondas runs around the same time(before switching to FI); carb'd F22A Honda Insight. He(Bisi Ezerioha) switched to FI only because he couldn't get the carbs to run rich enough with methanol. Before switching though, I believe he was at about 400whp or more(he achieved like 260-270whp on a D15 on pump fuel).

A single carb can work well if you build a good manifold for it. But, a 500cfm one sounds like it's too big.

yeah thinks for your opinions but i think that it runs pretty good i had a guy named LYLE CHERRY a guy known for volkswagens make an adapter plate to fit on a d16 intake then just had set screws put into the fuel injector holes it runs just a little bit rich but other than that it runs pretty dang good i will try to get some pictures up soon

Back