D16 with Y8 head 1996 CX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

james.macisaac

hey, i put a Y8 head on my 1996 civic cx the original computer is OBD2A but i was given a OBD2B computer with my head. Im just wondering if anyone knows an easy way for me to get the right cpu.(or make my OBD2 one work) Can i not just go get a 1996 EX or Si computer. Does anyone kow if that will work?

You need an EX ECU. The only obd2 Si is the 99-00 Si which is DOHC.

Pick up an EX ECU from the junkyard (from the years 96-98).
or
You can get an obd2a>obd2b jumper harness. Rywire.com sells em or if you want to go cheap look it up on eBay.

yah think im going to have to just get a wiring harness for a ex in the 96-98 OBD2A era. thanks for the advise man and if you know where i can pick up a ecu or if anyone know let me know :)

yah think im going to have to just get a wiring harness for a ex in the 96-98 OBD2A era. thanks for the advise man and if you know where i can pick up a ecu or if anyone know let me know :)
No problem on the advice ;)

For the ECU, a great place to start is at the junkyard. If you don't have any luck there, try eBay. That's always a good place to find an ECU.

I would definitely get the conversion harness from rywire.com. Well trusted in the Honda community.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Back