D16-Y8 auto to 5 speed swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdanielswv18

I have a 2000 Honda Civic EX. I am wanting to swap the automatic transmission with a 5 speed transmission from a 2000 civic hatchback. Will I have to swap the ECU or can I just cut the extra wires going to the auto tranny? Will the wiring harness outside of the firewall be the same for the 5 speed and the auto or am I going to need a completely different harness?

Get a 5 speed computer, you should notice that the plugs are the same, it just won't do anything with the automatic tranny wires, just plug it in. Good luck on the pedals and shift linkage though.

My advice, save yourself the headache and trade in your car for a stick. You are doing all that work to have a stock manual car, why, go buy one. Automatics are actually worth more than manuals, I once traded a 96 auto civc for a stick civic with less miles, and they paid off the difference in my loan.
Hope you know what you are getting into.

The car was totaled only because the owner was friends with an insurance adjuster. I bought the car for $2000, it only has 30K miles on it. I have worked on it all summer and have it about ready to paint. Doing 4 shades of House of Kolor paint . If I would have bought the car off of a lot, I would have got a 5-speed, but considering the deal I got on the car I couldn't pass it up.

This topic has been closed :locked:

Why? It is in the wrong place. Please post your topic in the right forums. Hybrid is not for suspension or interior posts. EG is not for EF questions, and so forth.

If you have any questions, please PM the moderator who closed this topic.

-The moderating Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back