D16A1 -> 91 Integra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

D16A1 is dual cam not single cam

and no it will not fit
and even if it did your car would be slow as shit...

don't try it

Here again we get into the "anything can be done with enough money" issue.

Your better off with your stock motor. Swapping for a d16a1 is only going backwards with the performance of your car.

Just because you can do something doesn't necessarily mean you should.

Originally posted by SIRcivic94@Apr 22 2004, 09:44 PM
Brutal honesty :ph34r:

Well we have a built - turbo d16a1 motor lieng around and want to put it into the integra... Sorry I was a little hazy with the details earlier. but yeah this motor should be putting in the mid 300WHP range.

Now as you can see I don't know anything about honda's and I'll admit it. You know having all the knowledge in the world doesen't make it right to act like a dick (brutal honesty)

Now if you want to help thats fine, if you want to be a fucktard go back to elementary school.

Originally posted by fakthepolice@Apr 23 2004, 07:40 AM
wow
:gives:

get a b series and use the d series turbo!

Wow! Thats a great idea you fucking MORON!!! :nobreed: Try giving someone some help next time.

Seriously though man, if you have a turbo'd D16a1 "LIEING" around, try to find something easier to put it in or sell it to start a new motor build, and if you want to build something for your DA, try B-series. Especially since if your Integra has the stock motor in it still, the possibilitys with the B18A1 are endless. But... if you are super intent on putting that motor in your car, you are going to need custom everything. Mounts, Shiftlinkage, Axles...ect. I'm not sure what all you'd need. But if you have enough money to do all this custom work, sell that D-series, and take that $$$ and your custom mount and shit $$$ and build a quick B-series.

Good Luck Soldier.

well, its an interesting theory but i think you will have LOTS of problems trying to put this motor in

mounts, axles, wiring especially

and even if you did get it to mount if its not EXACTLY right it will make the car shake to hell

if you wanna use that motor for a easy swap put it into a first gen crx
86 or 87 si is a bolt in affair
you will need the distributor from a 86 or 87 integra for the vacuum advance timing and you'll also need the integra ecu for the fuel maps and higher redline

i would be interested in buying that motor if you decide not to use it
just let me know

i have a D16A1 in my 86 crx si so if you wanna sell it, or you have any questions on the swap just hit me up on PM
good luck

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 23 2004, 08:45 AM
well, its an interesting theory but i think you will have LOTS of problems trying to put this motor in

mounts, axles, wiring especially

and even if you did get it to mount if its not EXACTLY right it will make the car shake to hell

if you wanna use that motor for a easy swap put it into a first gen crx
86 or 87 si is a bolt in affair
you will need the distributor from a 86 or 87 integra for the vacuum advance timing and you'll also need the integra ecu for the fuel maps and higher redline

i would be interested in buying that motor if you decide not to use it
just let me know

i have a D16A1 in my 86 crx si so if you wanna sell it, or you have any questions on the swap just hit me up on PM
good luck

Oh ok thanks guys, yeah well I guess we'll do that then. Mainly because our Integra crankwalked and pushed the seal out.

mugencrx
Wow! Thats a great idea you fucking MORON!!! Try giving someone some help next time.

Your a moron! you call me out then you say the exact same thing. D series isnt supposed to be in a integra. Its just not. Thats like putting a b16 into a s2000, you could do it but you'd have to be retarded :asshat:

sorry bout that .... let me clearify D series engines dont belong in 90-93 integras.... period.
:wtf:

Originally posted by fakthepolice@Apr 23 2004, 09:22 AM
mugencrx
Wow! Thats a great idea you fucking MORON!!!  Try giving someone some help next time.

Your a moron! you call me out then you say the exact same thing. D series isnt supposed to be in a integra. Its just not. Thats like putting a b16 into a s2000, you could do it but you'd have to be retarded :asshat:

:wtf: mate? You apparently cant read. He asked if it is possible to put a d-series into a DA. You answered with some whack ass response that answered nothing. Next, after I posted an actual answer to his question, you claim that I stated the same thing as you. Wrong. Then you were stupid enough to say that D-series doesn't belong in an Integra, which many, MANY of them came with, then you tried to clarify yourself in a postwhore fashion, only resulting in making yourself look even more retarted. Stick with what you know. If you dont want him to put a D-series in his Integra, :gives: because he doesn't, I don't, and noone else does. If youre not going to help him

At this point, please, feel free to kill yourself, just don't make a mess. :newbie:

For those that do not have any useful input for this thread just stay out of it.

Getting the engine to mount in that chassis is going to be a bunch of work and probably end up costing more than getting a new B18A1 for it.

mugen asshatter.... the point was his integra didnt come with an optioon of having a d series in it..... saying that its retard is saying it wont work and hopefully he would see how much of a moron he is. :chair:

so shut the fuck up.... keep to what you know, stupidity, even telling someone that the swap can be done is begging to get kicked in the balls.The answer should have stayed with " it can be done with the right amount of stupidity"

Back