D16A1 -> 91 Integra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Wow. I honestly think that my I.Q. dropped about 2 points from just reading what you wrote. You, are a dumb idiot. Thats right, a DUMB IDIOT. If telling him that the swap could be done is begging to get kicked in the balls, I wonder what you would have done to the first person to swap an H22 into a CRX, or the first person who said that you could take a B20 block out of the Honda Stepwagon or CRV, put a Type R cylinder head on it and drop it into an EG hatchback.

Once again, please refrain from speaking/writing/living/or whatever else it is that you do. For the sake of humanity, please die.

Oh ya, when your parents wanted to concieve you, the answer should have stayed with,"It can be done with the right amount of stupidity."

Originally posted by lsvtec@Apr 23 2004, 10:50 AM
For those that do not have any useful input for this thread just stay out of it.

Getting the engine to mount in that chassis is going to be a bunch of work and probably end up costing more than getting a new B18A1 for it.

:ph34r: It's for a friend of mine, it's a sleeved built d16a1 with a T3, if all that I'm looking at is mounting issues then that wont be an issue since i have access to a tig welder, but what im worried about is the wiring, chassis wiring to the engine harness. Hopefully since hondas are so bland they will have similar wiring :)

Thanks for the hate, its inspirational. Like I said, I dont know a thing about hondas but when it comes to nissans or toyotas or even mazdas I know alot. Hence the misunderstanding on all the hate for model differences, heck people are putting mazda engines in nissans, nissan engines in toyotas, toyota engines in.. well you get the picture.

I also would like to know if I'm going to need a D series tranny, D16A1 ECU and harness etc.

And for those of you that have been helpful thanks alot, it says alot about the general consensus of the community. (Even when someone comes with a question that might seem retarded).

sell the d16a1 to someone who would have better use for it and sleeve/turbo a b18a1 for your integra. there is alot more aftermarket support for the B series engines so parts shouldnt be too bad. my $.06

i highly doubt this motor(Turbo D16) will putting down 300WHP............... :roll: i will have to agree.....do not put a D16 into a 90-93 integra. I own a 89 Integra that came with the D16A1, it ran ok in this year integra, but now it has a Type R motor. Id never go back to a D series ever again. Find a good B18a-b and turbo that instead.

Originally posted by RSBAD454@Apr 28 2004, 12:52 PM
i highly doubt this motor(Turbo D16) will putting down 300WHP............... :roll: i will have to agree.....do not put a D16 into a 90-93 integra. I own a 89 Integra that came with the D16A1, it ran ok in this year integra, but now it has a Type R motor. Id never go back to a D series ever again. Find a good B18a-b and turbo that instead.

follow up:  my understanding is that you went to a chat board message trade post; am i correct those people who you are talking to are not lisense people?  But work with a  licensed mechanic under the state of  California. If you would just go in there and read some of those post they will state and swear that it is their stock honda civic will run 14 sec qt mile.  Their comments that they make are stupid and dont make any sense what so ever. What i will do i will show you all documentation and websites to do this swap after everything that i am throwing in ill even include the external wire harness so with the wires all you have to do is unplug then plug right back in.  Throw the motor in and when you bolt the tranny on you will have to change the front mount for the tranny simple no costly not time consuming I'm even sending the ecu now if you want to do re
al  rTB TECH - Original Honda Swap Guideresearch on the swap go to go to this site now if you want go back to the (hondaswap) forum post a question like how hard would it be to swap a zc motor in my 91 integra you will get different answers even though it is the same exact motor but as you know zc come from Japan same exact motor but differnt answers hmmmm.......  that means you dealing with people who dont know what there talking about

Originally posted by xtremehks+Apr 29 2004, 03:20 PM-->
@Apr 28 2004, 12:52 PM

follow up:  my understanding is that you went to a chat board message trade post; am i correct those people who you are talking to are not lisense people?   But work with a  licensed mechanic under the state of  California. If you would just go in there and read some of those post they will state and swear that it is their stock honda civic will run 14 sec qt mile.  Their comments that they make are stupid and dont make any sense what so ever. What i will do i will show you all documentation and websites to do this swap after everything that i am throwing in ill even include the external wire harness so with the wires all you have to do is unplug then plug right back in.  Throw the motor in and when you bolt the tranny on you will have to change the front mount for the tranny simple no costly not time consuming I'm even sending the ecu now if you want to do re
al  rTB TECH - Original Honda Swap Guideresearch on the swap go to go to this site now if you want go back to the (hondaswap) forum post a question like how hard would it be to swap a zc motor in my 91 integra you will get different answers even though it is the same exact motor but as you know zc come from Japan same exact motor but differnt answers hmmmm.......   that means you dealing with people who dont know what there talking about

exactly..............the ZC is Identicle to a point.........but posting what i stated and compared to whatever is in bold has be shrugging shoulders as well. I do know what im talking about............

Originally posted by RSBAD454+May 5 2004, 03:57 PM-->
Originally posted by xtremehks@Apr 29 2004, 03:20 PM
RSBAD454
@Apr 28 2004, 12:52 PM

follow up:  my understanding is that you went to a chat board message trade post; am i correct those people who you are talking to are not lisense people?   But work with a  licensed mechanic under the state of  California. If you would just go in there and read some of those post they will state and swear that it is their stock honda civic will run 14 sec qt mile.  Their comments that they make are stupid and dont make any sense what so ever. What i will do i will show you all documentation and websites to do this swap after everything that i am throwing in ill even include the external wire harness so with the wires all you have to do is unplug then plug right back in.  Throw the motor in and when you bolt the tranny on you will have to change the front mount for the tranny simple no costly not time consuming I'm even sending the ecu now if you want to do re
al  rTB TECH - Original Honda Swap Guideresearch on the swap go to go to this site now if you want go back to the (hondaswap) forum post a question like how hard would it be to swap a zc motor in my 91 integra you will get different answers even though it is the same exact motor but as you know zc come from Japan same exact motor but differnt answers hmmmm.......   that means you dealing with people who dont know what there talking about

exactly..............the ZC is Identicle to a point.........but posting what i stated and compared to whatever is in bold has be shrugging shoulders as well. I do know what im talking about............

Like I said as a warning before I even asked, I know jack-shit about Hondas, but the person that is corresponding with us and selling us parts for this swap is saying that the people (hondaswap members) are misinformed by saying the d16a1 is not an easy swap since it is identical to the ZC motor from japan. All I'm asking now, is how easy is the ZC swap in?

If i recall the AWD version of the DA integra, as well as the lower end models all had SOHC ZC's in them http://www.honda.co.jp/HOT/ModelData/integ...e_up.html#3dzxi (click on one of the links and it will take you to the car specs all models below the Rsi have the zc.). If you look perhaps you will be able to find information on how they are mounted, and possibly have some mounts imported. I think it would be interesting to see a DA with an SOHC, good luck.

once again.....a 86-89 integra D16A1 will not fit into a 90-93 integra without making cutom motor mounts. A ZC from a civic might fit being it mounts like a B Series. I dont know anyone who has attempted this swap and i dont know why they ever would.

Like Guy said, they DID put sohc D-series motors in the integra. And they were carbed nonetheless, in some of the japanese models. They also put awd drivetrains in them similar to the awd civic wagon from the 80s. Look for a Zxi integra, if you ever go to japan. :D :p

Originally posted by MikeBergy@May 8 2004, 10:51 AM
Like Guy said, they DID put sohc D-series motors in the integra. And they were carbed nonetheless, in some of the japanese models. They also put awd drivetrains in them similar to the awd civic wagon from the 80s. Look for a Zxi integra, if you ever go to japan. :D :p

they never put SOHC into 86-89 Integra Style..........they were all DOHC.

Okay, but they were still carbed, and they still put d-series motors in the 90-93. I remember seeing the specs on the Zxi once on a translated japanese website when I was thinking about dropping a crv drivetrain into my teg.

can this thread be closed yet?
i have looked at a D16A1 to put into my civic like 23489675230495612349 times, it does not go because of the mounts
a D16A1 is not a ZC it is just that, a D16A1 it is a bastard motor
just a DOHC D16 nothing special, puts out 113 HP
if you want to put it in a DA teg all mount will have to be fabricated, and you will have to have custom axles, you can use you existing wiring harness, and the ECU (PG7) will plug right in 88-89 teg inner joints and the rest beng the DA axles, the exhaust will have to be custom also, due to the difference lengths of the cars also.
can you do it yes
is it worth it or financially feasable? NO and NO

a D16A1 is not a ZC it is just that, a D16A1 it is a bastard motor

werd to a point......the ZC and the D16A1 are the same as far as internals and some other misc. stuff.

Back