d16a1 DOHC head onto d16z6 SOHC block?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civic2nr9177

I know that some of ya'll are goin to think that I am out of my mind and that I am just a retard that does not know what he is talking about. But the reason that I am asking this is b/c I read somewhere before that it was a direct bolt up. That a guy once compared the gaskets and they matched up perfectly. Well tommorow my dad and I will be goin to pick up an 88 integra which has this engine. I was just wandering if I could put the head on my block. ( I have a 93 si hatchback.) I know that I would be giving up VTEC, but is there not anyway that you can make this head VTEC? I am currently boosted so it wouldnt really hurt my feelings if I dont have VTEC, but i would like it if I could have it. And would the y8 head fit on the d16a1 head. I know it does on the z6, but what about the a1? Also is there any aftermarket cams for the a1 head? I know it is alot of questions, but any help is very much appreciated.

Keylan

No. It's not a direct bolt up. Even if you were able to get it to work, your D16Z6 puts out more power. Keep your newer SOHC VTEC powerplant- it's newer and has more potential than an old D16A1 head. You also have better aftermarket support.

Back