d16a1 driver side mount plz help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Daniel Ramos

I have a d16a1 brown top, i believe 1st gen. I want to put in my 88 crx but tranny will not fit on my rex so ima use a d15 tranny, but i cant find the driver side mount.i heard i had to customize that mount but how?? Or wut other motor mounts can i use??

Im pretty sure that any d series tranny mount will work. Ive been through like 5 different tranny setups until I found the one I like and I used the exact same mounts with all 5 different transmissions. They should all mount up the same.

the 88-91 D-series L3 transmission does not bolt directly to a D16A1 block - you can modify it to make it work - you will have to fabricate the driver's side mount - this is how one guy did it - Honda-Tech.com: Honda CRX / EF Civic: 91 civic. worth it now? - if you have the 86-87 Integra D16A1 engine with brown valve cover, you are going to need to do a little wiring to make it work - the 86-87 uses a vacuum advance for ignition timing and an external coil - the 88-89 D16A1 uses the electronic ignition advance like all of the 88 and up D-series - the 88-89 distributor will not bolt to the 86-87 head

Back