d16a1 help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

oh yeah huh that dont sound bad would the soo let me get this right.... will the d16a1 trans work for my sohc?

to install the D16A1 into your car will require you to fabricate a custom mount for the driver's side - the D16A1 mount is on the exhaust side of the block and you need a mount on the end of the block - the D16A1 has no holes in the end of the block for bolting on a mount - this is a picture of the end of a D16A1 block - notice no bolt holes right next to water pump - the second picture is a DOHC ZC mount on ZC block - the SOHC D-series mount is like the DOHC ZC, except it doesn't bolt to the head like the ZC

tegblock2-1.jpg

ZCdriver_mount-1.jpg

also, the D16A1 has a different starter mounting - the block does not have a hole for the long starter bolt that goes thru the transmission - you would need to drill and tap the transmission for a bolt at that location - the Integra transmission will not work unless you fabricate custom mounts for it - the D16A1 is OBD0 and to get it to work in your car, you would need to convert it to OBD1, which means getting an OBD1 JDM TD43U DOHC ZC distributor and eliminating the cylinder sensor on the end of the exhaust camshaft

will the d16a1 clutch work for my d15b7?
D16A1 uses a 200mm diameter clutch - the D15B7 uses a 212mm diameter clutch - the D16A1 clutch pressure plate will not bolt onto a D15B7 flywheel - you cannot use the D16A1 flywheel with a 88 and up transmission - the D16A1 didn't use a pilot bearing in the flywheel which is needed to support the transmission input shaft

flywheels-1.jpg

Back